Author Topic: Has anyone got any Silver Mkv GTI pics???  (Read 2995 times)

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
Has anyone got any Silver Mkv GTI pics???
« on: 04 May 2005, 19:00 »
Hi,

I've just ordered a 3 door Silver Mkv GTI with: Leather, 6 CD, and Monza II 18"'s. - I would really like to see some pics as I have to wait until 1st Sept. '05 until delivery!!

If anyone has any please let me know.

Thanks. :smiley:[/color]
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
Re: Has anyone got any Silver Mkv GTI pics???
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2005, 15:36 »
Not got any more of mine at the moment mate but I have a link here for another guys.

September must seem an age away rite now, well worth the wait though I can assure you.

I had the same problem, I changed from red to silver and I hadnt even seen silver, the first time was when I picked it up as I was in Iraq before hand and there aint many out here. I was not disappointed though I can assure you and glad I didnt get red. In the flesh silver really does look good, better than black because it makes the front stand out a lot more.

http://www.steveneckles.co.uk/car.htm
« Last Edit: 05 May 2005, 15:38 by GTiMK5 »

Offline Richartt

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2005, 23:11 »
Totally agree about silver vs. black and red.  Ordered mine in February and still haven't heard when I'll get it.  I was hoping to have got a build date by now....any ideas on the typical delivery time?

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2005, 23:26 »
Lead time for my orignal order was quoted as 12 weeks but at the 12 week point I was quoted another 2 months possibly. Hence I changed my order to one that was available straight away. There are plenty about if you are prepared to take what they have, as I said before, for me the change worked out for the best anyway, better spec, better colour etc.

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2005, 13:09 »
Thanks mate - You've re-assured me loads!
I originally ordered the red, but after three days of deliberation I changed my mind to the silver!!

Good to hear your thoughts because I was still a little unsure of whether I'd done the right thing!

Thanks for the link to the extra pics too - It does look very well, but I prefer you wheels!

Thanks again.[/glow]
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2005, 14:41 »
If you want any more phots of mine I am back in the UK next week for a few days and can take some more. If you want anything specific let me know.

Totally agree, the 18s are much better, the colour of them etc just makes them stand out a lot more.

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2005, 04:48 »
Thanks mate - If you could take a couple of pics of the wheels to show off the colour differences and another one form the front to show up the red trim that would be great.

Stay safe,
Cheers!

Offline chopper gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2005, 13:33 »
i plan to take some this weekend mate so will post them,  on delivery i would be amazed if you get by sept, i ordered mine on the 6th Feb and got it 1st June, i was told if i ordered one today i would have it by nov / dec.  I was also told 12 weeks but once rodered they changed it to  16 - 20 weeks...