Author Topic: Pictures of not so new GTI  (Read 5233 times)

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
Pictures of not so new GTI
« on: 22 April 2005, 19:16 »
Had it now for 3 weeks, done over 2000 miles and love it to bits, just been too lazy to post any pictures on here until now. I originally ordered a red 3 door with cloth and 18s but changed to a silver with leather, 18s and cd changer/arm rest because of delays in build. Have to say that I am well happy that I made the change, having seen both in the flesh I think IMO silver looks much better than red and also black. The 18s are also much better cos of the colour of them and also they just fill the arches much better. Also, having now seen the cloth I personally think that leather is the better option, the quality is very good and they are heated and also electronic lumbar support is standard.

Driving the car just gets better and better, think 2000 miles in 3 weeks proves that, there is some road noise at speed etc which some people have complained about but u r going to get that on a car like this with big wheels and u have a stereo to counter this. The engine noise is awesome when booting it, it certainly makes people look round. The car attracts lots of looks and interest, almost to the point where it can become embarrasing.

Those waiting for one will not be disappointed, it is an awesome car, I cant think of a better car with the all round package.

Attached the pictures, they dont really do it much justice cos I am no David Bailey, in the flesh reflex silver looks really good on this car, especially the front cos it really makes the grill stand out, whereas on the black you kind of loose it a little.

If anyone has any questions feel free to fire away and I will try and answer them.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/domanderson/IMG_0431a.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/domanderson/IMG_0429a.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/domanderson/IMG_0430a.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/domanderson/IMG_0428a.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/domanderson/IMG_0432a.jpg

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Pictures of not so new GTI
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2005, 19:25 »
Looks very nice :)

Is that grey leather or is it just the lighting?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2005, 19:34 »
.............Is that grey leather or is it just the lighting?

It is anthracite but the light in the picture does make it look a lot lighter than what it actually is in the flesh.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2005, 00:22 »
Looking pretty damn fine.  :cool: :cool:
......now officially dubless.

Offline CHR15

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2005, 15:39 »
how do you get on with the accellerator pedal?

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2005, 15:49 »
how do you get on with the accellerator pedal?

I get on very well with it, I push it to the floor and it goes like stink. Seriously though, I had a MKV GT TDI before for a year and had no problems and the GTI is pretty much the same.

Not sure why you ask but if you can be more specific maybe I can give you a better answer.

Offline CHR15

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2005, 16:43 »
its one of those ones that is hinged at the floor isnt it, i used to move a Touran about when i worked for a VW Dealer and found it really strange, just wondered what you thought...obscure question i know!

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2005, 16:53 »
its one of those ones that is hinged at the floor isnt it, i used to move a Touran about when i worked for a VW Dealer and found it really strange, just wondered what you thought...obscure question i know!

I know what you mean but serious, in the Golf you dont notice it at all to be honest, either that or I have just got used to it. My ex wife didnt like it on the GT TDI mind, hence I got rid of her and got a GTI  :grin:

Offline CHR15

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2005, 16:57 »
cant say i blame you mate, they are more trouble than they are worth the majority of the time lol!  :grin: :evil:

Offline rega3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2005, 17:49 »
Congrats it looks fantastic- all the best with it. Is it manual or DSG?