Author Topic: GTI Prices?  (Read 4426 times)

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
Re: GTI Prices?
« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2005, 14:55 »
Ordered mine with DrivetheDeal.com on the 9th November 2004, not long after they anounced availability through them, apparantly was one of the first. Ordered 5 door, with dsg, leather, luxury pack 2, Cd autochanger, pearl diamond black. RRP of the car £24,380 bought for £21,762.23 (incl 1 RFL).
Since been told by drive the deal I was very lucky as due to Top Gear (Clarkson's reviews) and massive demand those sorts of discounts stopped almost immediately after buying, unsure how tru that is .

I would say that is quite true. Small discounts can still be found if you look hard enough but then when you are spending 23 grand as I did a saving of between 200 and 500 quid is not worth it when you consider you may have to wait much longer. I am glad I paid the extra and am not driving round in a new GTI as opposed to reading about others doing the same and waiting wondering when mine is going to be built and delivered and watching that date slip and slip. In fact I did experience that and so cancelled my order in effect and bought one that was available with immediate delivery and I have no regrets.

Out of interest how long did you have to wait for yours or are you still waiting? Think you were lucky and that is a good discount.

Offline Richartt

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2005, 23:16 »
I got 7% from a UK dealer when I ordered in Feb (5 door, DSG, SatNav etc), mind you, I still haven't got a build date!

Offline SaintDP

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2005, 18:55 »
Have ordered mine today with allbrandsnew. 18k for the car with leather and CD autochanger. I did have to upgrade the alarm and warranty to three years but alltogether have saved about 2k  :laugh: . Cant wait for delivery now. :smiley:
Only problem is its September!!!