Author Topic: what DON'T you like about your Golf?  (Read 9397 times)

Offline K1

• GTI forum regular
what DON'T you like about your Golf?
« on: 23 March 2009, 19:16 »
As topic says. What don't you like about your gti?

For me the biggest disapointment is the gear shift. It's vague n loose IMO. My previous rx8 had much better shifter so does my frds civic type-r. Hell even my sisters Suzuki swift sport feels nicer. All Japanese cars oddly lol. The dealership isn't that great tho still better than BMW IMO.
White Edition 30. Born 26th/June/2007. Highline, Xenons, IPOD+Armrest, Cruise Control. Dbilas intake, Forge short shift, GIAC fuel maps, Forge DV, Milltek Non-res Turbo back, Eibach pro damper, pro kit and anti roll bars. Black Monzas, Kenwood DNX5220BT, R32 Front n rear brakes

Offline mark.w

• Not said much yet
Re: what DON'T you like about your Golf?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2009, 19:25 »
discussed elsewhere, but my pet peeve is the sliding seat mechanism. No bugger can figure it out when getting in the back, and when the seat is forward they always tilt the seat before sliding it. Invariably means me getting into my seat with the steering wheel under my nose, and taking 2 days to find my correct adjustment position. Bad times.

Offline winrya

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2009, 19:27 »
discussed elsewhere, but my pet peeve is the sliding seat mechanism. No bugger can figure it out when getting in the back, and when the seat is forward they always tilt the seat before sliding it. Invariably means me getting into my seat with the steering wheel under my nose, and taking 2 days to find my correct adjustment position. Bad times.

You've found something :smiley:  I sat for a while thinking and that's the only thing i can think of :cool:

Offline icenutter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2009, 19:56 »
Seat bolster is worn after only 35,000 miles.
Creak from the dash just above the radio.

Thats about it

Offline mark.w

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2009, 20:01 »
Haha, i've got a scratch on the VW badge in the centre of the steering wheel, that pisses me off too, thought we were going generic!

Thought of another one. How sh!t my Monza II's look after 4 years, thats definitely the biggest.

Offline Cass

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2009, 20:01 »
We've had this thread before - my gripe is the poor tailgate design that allows rainwater to pi$$ into the rear hatch when you open it :angry:

Cass
Now: VW Touareg Altitude V6 TDI 3.0 240 bhp, Diamond Pearlescent Black
Previous: MY2007 GTI, 3 door, manual, pearlescent black and lots of toys - gone to a good home : )

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2009, 20:02 »
water dripping in through the window when it rains
how dirty the back gets
squeeky brakes

Offline winrya

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2009, 20:13 »

Thought of another one. How sh!t my Monza II's look after 4 years, thats definitely the biggest.

Mine look as new :cool:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2009, 20:18 »
That it is still better than the MKVI :grin:

I really wanted to like the MKVI, so I'd have an excuse to get one :rolleyes: :wink:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline ginner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2009, 20:24 »
The fact it's a Mk 4 GTI and not Mk 5  :wink: