Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789741 times)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #150 on: 01 November 2013, 07:03 »
I only want to make a couple mods on my GT which are the instrument needle sweep and the close windows and sunroof on rain sensor activation; I'm particularly interested in the latter as don't want soaked seats like I had in my old Seat once!

Reason for the post is that a mate of mine has a VAG-COM/VCDS 12.10.30 Diagnostic HEX Cable + software and I am wondering if this will work on the MK7 to make the mods. I have had a good hunt around and cannot find a definitive compatibility table, most of the screen shots I've seen here are using 12.12.

Thanks for any help, just wanted to check first before I mess anything up.

Pretty sure the needle sweep is already active and can be toggled from the standard car settings menu
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #151 on: 01 November 2013, 13:15 »
can this be done via vagcom?

Doesnt look like it. See my post above.

Surely though if you can buy a box to plug onto your obd port there must be some way around it in the Long coding, its just not public knowledge probably for vw co2 policy procedure
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #152 on: 01 November 2013, 17:43 »
I only want to make a couple mods on my GT which are the instrument needle sweep and the close windows and sunroof on rain sensor activation; I'm particularly interested in the latter as don't want soaked seats like I had in my old Seat once!

Reason for the post is that a mate of mine has a VAG-COM/VCDS 12.10.30 Diagnostic HEX Cable + software and I am wondering if this will work on the MK7 to make the mods. I have had a good hunt around and cannot find a definitive compatibility table, most of the screen shots I've seen here are using 12.12.

Not sure about European rhd models..... For hk's, it does not come as standard setting.  :smiley:

Thanks for any help, just wanted to check first before I mess anything up.

Pretty sure the needle sweep is already active and can be toggled from the standard car settings menu

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #153 on: 01 November 2013, 17:46 »
can this be done via vagcom?

Doesnt look like it. See my post above.

Surely though if you can buy a box to plug onto your obd port there must be some way around it in the Long coding, its just not public knowledge probably for vw co2 policy procedure

Agree. Hopefully, someone here can master that long coding tweak..... I am looking forward to this!   :wink::smiley:

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #154 on: 03 November 2013, 15:36 »
Guys,

its getting flippin annoying with the auto start-stop function.
Does anyone know how to disable this function permanently?

(don't get wrong, I am well aware what it does and the benefit that it brings to the fuel consumption blah blah blah......)

Just hoping that this could be disable for good .....  :angry:

can this be done via vagcom?  :undecided:

any guru can shed some light?  :undecided:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #155 on: 03 November 2013, 16:24 »
Not currently as the ECU coding is currently locked out. I'm sure long term one of the German boffins will find a way to crack this, but so far no.

I actually don't mind it at all, and find it's much easier on the MK7 to judge the brake pedal pressure to avoid S/S activating than it was on the Scirocco ( I have a DSG version).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JustMk7GTI

• Just got here
« Reply #156 on: 03 November 2013, 16:53 »
hi guys, anyone knows how to code the LED rear lights? My Mk7 GTI doesn't come with LED rear lights and i want to buy them from ebay and then code it.

Please help

Anyone with LED rear lights can share their auto-scan long coding? please?

Anyone?

Offline anilberke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #157 on: 03 November 2013, 21:02 »
hi guys, anyone knows how to code the LED rear lights? My Mk7 GTI doesn't come with LED rear lights and i want to buy them from ebay and then code it.

Please help

Anyone with LED rear lights can share their auto-scan long coding? please?

no special code for rear led lights as far as I know.  I retrofitted them to my mk7 1.6tdi and no coding needed. But inner turn signals are not working for the plug and play installation. You need to wire outer signals to inner ones.

Offline Aerort

• Just got here
« Reply #158 on: 03 November 2013, 21:24 »
Hi guys this thread has been very helpful. Been waiting ages for something like this. I am looking for the following if anyone has found the coding for them yet....
1. There is an advanced "advanced settings" menu that you can activate on your radio, which allows you to enable alternate frequency search... Apparently a fix for bad radio reception reported on some MkVII.
2. I have installed the rear view camera, but am struggling to find coding to display it on the screen.
Can anyone help???

Anyone?

Offline rocknob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #159 on: 04 November 2013, 06:21 »
About the bad radio reception, their is a TPI out about incorrect software loaded on some of the radios which amongst other things causes bad reception. Might be worth your while getting the dealer to check the radio firmware.

The problem with the Golf 7 is that they are not on sale in the US yet so the guys at Ross-Tech are working blind. As they become more common (and go on sale in the US) you will find more information about coding things.
Current Car :  Tornado Red VW Golf GTI DSG DCC ParkAssist Xenons