Author Topic: Golf 8 GTI production line ?  (Read 3508 times)

Offline tarikfan111

• Just got here
Golf 8 GTI production line ?
« on: 17 June 2022, 23:57 »
Does anyone have more clear picture with production line of GTI.
Delays, etc
Golf 7.5 R
Golf 8 GTI ordered

Offline Gjm

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf 8 GTI production line ?
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2022, 15:53 »
No idea on the current production, I have the feeling that not even VW know what is going on.

But I was told last week that any new orders going in for high performance Golfs is looking at a lead time of 60 weeks minimum.
VW Golf Mk8 GTD on order since Nov 2021 - Cancelled June 2023
VW Golf Mk8 GTI - Purchased June 2023

Offline Darren71

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2022, 10:18 »
I ordered mine in March , been given a build date(subject to change ) of December .

Offline Stretts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2022, 17:21 »
Ordered our GTI mid September last year. Still no confirmed build date. :cry: :cry:
2018 white 3 door Gti, Seville wheels 90% tinted glass. Now sold.
2020 Mk 8 etsi R Line. Now sold.
2024 Manual White GTI  Adelaide's, winter pack & camera.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2022, 21:32 »
Best bet if you’re taking delivery of a GTI anytime soon would be to immediately order your next one so it arrives just as your warranty runs out!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2022, 06:44 »
Does anyone have more clear picture with production line of GTI.
Delays, etc

Based on forum members experience, probably not even VW have a clear picture of car production at the Wolfsburg plant……… :shocked:. Some of the issues affecting production will be due to external factors, but it doesn’t paint a good picture of the so called German efficiency.

By contrast, VW’s Kariega production facility in South Africa where Polos are built for RHD markets (including the UK) seems much less affected by the current supply chain issues than the Wolfsburg plant. Based on discussions over on uk-polos.net forum, UK forum members who’ve ordered a Polo GTI have been experiencing typical lead times of around 7 months, and those times include the (approx) 6 week ocean transit from Port Elizabeth to the UK.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Stretts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2022, 11:41 »
Been told mine is now scheduled for build week 16 23. A whole 19 months from placing the order.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2022, 11:44 by Stretts »
2018 white 3 door Gti, Seville wheels 90% tinted glass. Now sold.
2020 Mk 8 etsi R Line. Now sold.
2024 Manual White GTI  Adelaide's, winter pack & camera.

Offline mynameiskris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2022, 13:35 »
Best bet if you’re taking delivery of a GTI anytime soon would be to immediately order your next one so it arrives just as your warranty runs out!

I know you were half jesting here but my dealer actually said when I picked my car up in June he will be contacting me in 12-18 months to put the next order in. I was going to get a clubby next but the price is over 40k now so god knows what it will be in 3 years time. On that note, you would think that the gov would increase the luxury car cap to match all the inflation the robbing buggers. Soon a Ford Fiesta will be in the luxury car bracket  :grin:
Current:
2021/22 Golf GTI, Manual, Pure White, Adelaide, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2022, 15:28 »
I'm almost eighteen months into my mk8 and did actually think about going to order its replacement the other day!

However I'm keeping this a bit longer and ordering a milk float to go with it soon ish.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2022, 15:36 »
On that note, you would think that the gov would increase the luxury car cap to match all the inflation the robbing buggers. Soon a Ford Fiesta will be in the luxury car bracket  :grin:

Keeping the threshold at £40k is an easy way to increase the amount of revenue, so can’t see the £40k figure being increased any time soon, especially as the transition to EV ownership means an increasing percentage of the total vehicles on the road will fall into the zero rated VED category, impacting the amount of revenue raised through conventional VED.

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember the gov.uk website used to make reference to additional VED on cars costing £40k+ as being the ‘luxury’ VED rate. Interesting to see the word ‘luxury’ is no longer used, implying it’s no longer considered to be a luxury tax. :whistle:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl