Author Topic: Golf R  (Read 1148 times)

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
Golf R
« on: 25 August 2021, 12:31 »
What is everyone paying for their Golf R's?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Golf R
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2021, 13:34 »
Probably better asking that question over in the mk8 section of vwroc.com forum as that’s all the majority forum members over there will be ordering, so it’ll probably give you a better idea of what people are paying. 

I suspect that if anyone’s fortunate enough to find a dealer with an unregistered in-stock R for immediate delivery, then there’d be little chance of getting much - if any - discount in the current market, so there’s a good chance of paying list price or close to list price. To get a decent discount, Drive the Deal are usually offer the best discounts, although you’re then looking at a potentially very long wait with impact of the semiconductor shortages and Covid affecting VW’s current ability to be able to build cars.

If you’re thinking of replacing your rejected Golf with a mk8 R, bear in mind the mk8 R is just as affected by software issues as other models of Golf, so you may end up facing the prospect of another rejection. There’s a (currently) 36 page Golf R Gremlins discussion thread over on vwroc forum, so the mk8 R certainly isn’t immune from software issues.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2021, 13:41 »
Thank you, it was to replace the rejected R-Line. I know most VW's have issues with the ACC - that I could deal with. its the the other issues I had. I found a dealer who offered me an R in stock with discount, I just wasn't sure if it was a good deal or not.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2021, 16:48 »
As above, head for the R forum for the most up to date deals on in stock R’s but I’d imagine almost any discount right now would be a good one.
Mind you hasn’t the list price gone up again pushing the R over £40k before extras? Bugger that unless you’re going to reject it inside of 12 months  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2021, 19:09 »
DTD 35k in white with Harmon Kardon, reversing camera, heated seats. Long wait though.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.