Author Topic: Clubsport  (Read 5999 times)

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport
« Reply #30 on: 10 August 2021, 15:24 »
I think mine needs the door handle antenna unit replacing too.

It unlocks most of the time from a rear approach but not from the front or side...

Has it been confirmed that the unlock on approach should work from anything other than the rear? I've no real issues with my CS but it only unlocks from the rear or if I'm literally reaching for the handle of approaching from the side.
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #31 on: 10 August 2021, 16:57 »

It unlocks most of the time from a rear approach but not from the front or side...

Has it been confirmed that the unlock on approach should work from anything other than the rear? I've no real issues with my CS but it only unlocks from the rear or if I'm literally reaching for the handle of approaching from the side.

From the manual:

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 11 August 2021, 09:40 »

From the manual:

Thanks Fred. I'll check mine again but I think mine does actually unlock in the right position. I was probably approaching at an angle from the front side when I noticed it not unlocking until I reached for the handle. Makes sense now.
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #33 on: 11 August 2021, 10:20 »
I'll have to test mine again actually.

Maybe I am not quite close enough to the driver's door - I sort of expected it to unlock from maybe a metre away, when actually I need to be trying for the door handle.

I never really thought about it before.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 20 August 2021, 22:01 »
I guess the CS guys have had a peek at this?

An early DIY oil change for the CS giving all of the things needed.

WoW the new oil is just like water, I'm sure some will have their opinions on that, seems quite a task to find the right kind to buy even at the this stage.

Not sure about the change to the sump, is that an improvement or is it needed for a special reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_ADmvIbKE
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 21 August 2021, 23:23 »
That oil is definitely very thin and runny!  :shocked:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 22 August 2021, 09:33 »
That's what I thought and seemingly quite a big difference from the 5w-30 that we've been used to for years in VW's, lets hope 504 is easy to find as it looks many of the main sources don't even stock it/make it.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 22 August 2021, 09:58 »
Our Tiguan takes an even newer spec of VW508, 0W-20, which is really thin & weird looking stuff - almost like washing up liquid in colour (some sort of dye additive, apparently!)

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 22 August 2021, 11:06 »
That’s interesting about the colour additive phope, thanks for posting up the photo.
I’m guessing the colour additive is some sort of preventative measure to dissuade children and fluffy pets from having a few glugs of it(?)

The thinness reminds me of some of the (snake oil low friction) additives we’d chuck in the oil of modified cars years and years ago when oil was much thicker. At least thick oil didn’t weep through the gaskets too badly on our ageing cars back then!

With super-tight manufacturing tolerances nowadays, and things like stop-start and turbos requiring very fast circulation of oil on start up the thin oils are probably a necessity but it’s still surprising to see exactly how thin they actually are.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 22 August 2021, 16:56 »
The green colour is added to the Professional versions of Castrol Edge, both professional and regular Edge are exactly the same in formulation just one has florescent dye added.

Even the 7.5 GTi's could use 0w-20 but that was an emissions thing so the cars to get a better MPG, I don't know if any UK dealers are pulling in 0w-20 at an oil service.

Would be very interested to know the technical details of why 0w-30 is used considering all are based on the same EA888 engine.