Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 106750 times)

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
Clubsport order thread
« on: 29 June 2021, 08:25 »
Hi,

I'm interested in how other people are getting on with their clubsport orders. To be quite honest i'm having a nightmare with mine. I ordered on 01/02 and was told i would have the car late May/early June. My unconfirmed build week has gone from 33,31,40,44,30 and as of yestersday build week 46! :angry:

At this point i feel like the car will never arrive.

My spec is:
Pure white
Rear view camera
19" Adelaides

Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2021, 08:40 »
Ordered 3 weeks ago and I'm still in stage 1 but looking to modify order and add DCC in.

standard wheels
standard white
winter pack
DCC

No comms from dealer but not expecting any, was told 26 weeks at point of order.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2021, 08:49 »
I’m at stage 2 with no build week allocated yet

Moonstone Grey
Adelaides
Reverse Camera
Winter Pack
DCC

Was originally told end of September for delivery but now would be lucky if it arrives this year

As far as I know, production is held up as part of the global chip shortage issue. Chip is used in the DSG gearbox and also the HK option if you spec that

Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2021, 09:11 »
I get the feeling that they won't be making any more for the UK until after the summer holiday... sometime in August...

I haven't seen Evo post about what the MY22 changes are yet either.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2021, 09:13 »

Moonstone Grey
Adelaides
Reverse Camera
Winter Pack
DCC

Was originally told end of September for delivery but now would be lucky if it arrives this year

As far as I know, production is held up as part of the global chip shortage issue. Chip is used in the DSG gearbox and also the HK option if you spec that

I dare say that there’ll be computer chips used elsewhere within the car too - e.g. infotainment unit, the ECU etc. - and that would pretty much affect production of all manufacturers’ cars.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2021, 09:17 »

Moonstone Grey
Adelaides
Reverse Camera
Winter Pack
DCC

I dare say that there’ll be computer chips used elsewhere within the car too - e.g. infotainment unit, the ECU etc. - and that would pretty much affect production of all manufacturers’ cars.

Yup I think your right, there must be quite a few in each car. I’ll try to find the article but it specifically mentioned the DSG box in the Clubsport and the HK option, maybe they use a specific chip or something similar.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2021, 10:31 »
Ordered in Feb with an expectation of July delivery, now been told I have a build week of 40 but I don't think that's confirmed. I've now sold my 7.5 GTi as I was offered silly money for it from the dealer. I thought it was bad when I ordered my R years ago, waited 6 months for that but it's looking like the CS will be November time.  :undecided:

Ordered:
Moonstone Grey
Black Estorils
Winter pack.

No DCC for me as never had it on my R or GTi and just don't miss it.
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2021, 10:32 »
Ordered in Feb with an expectation of July delivery, now been told I have a build week of 40 but I don't think that's confirmed. I've now sold my 7.5 GTi as I was offered silly money for it from the dealer. I thought it was bad when I ordered my R years ago, waited 6 months for that but it's looking like the CS will be November time.  :undecided:

Ordered:
Moonstone Grey
Black Estorils
Winter pack.

Sounds like we're in a similar situation. Looks like we'll miss the Summer this year!
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2021, 10:46 »
BMW have restrictions on their HK units at the moment for sure. If you assume HK make the units, it will impact VW too...

There is a massive problem with automative chip supply and its largely down to how they treat their suppliers...funnily enough they get knocked back when demand is high and supplies are short because of it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2021, 12:46 »

Ordered:
Moonstone Grey
Black Estorils
Winter pack.

Sounds like we're in a similar situation. Looks like we'll miss the Summer this year!

I was happy to wait until the end of this year to be honest as I didn't need a new car, pcp deal wasn't running out yet, however now being without a car because of VW throwing money at me it would be good to get a build date seeing as I've been waiting 6 months for one!
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order