Author Topic: Mk7.5 Stop/Start  (Read 8719 times)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
Re: Mk7.5 Stop/Start
« Reply #30 on: 18 December 2020, 14:09 »
With that you disable a whole lot of other useful features...
I would leave the feedback wire well where it is.

Really? Can you let me know what other useful features they are? I’m not being sarcastic but just interested to know what I am missing.
Thanks.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 19 December 2020, 13:32 »
With that you disable a whole lot of other useful features...
I would leave the feedback wire well where it is.

Really? Can you let me know what other useful features they are? I’m not being sarcastic but just interested to know what I am missing.
Thanks.

No?
Anyone else?

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 19 December 2020, 20:40 »
I have disabled stop/start via this wire/clip removal method - so far only get periodic and temporary stop/start error message - will monitor
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 19 December 2020, 22:51 »
After doing this 18 m ago let me assure you, you won’t reconnect!
😂

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 20 December 2020, 19:02 »
Probably not a major problem, but there is a little more involved in the S/S circuit is appears....

Taken form the OBD11 Mk7 FL forum as I was preparing to do some mods... :huh:

The Battery monitor control module (it's called J367)would need to do nothing else but SS. This is not the case!

J367 is involved in measuring the battery condition for a host of other purposes including providing data to the car for the calculation for the alternator charging profile - which changes with age, usage and condition. The car stores the complete battery history - meaning that it monitors every ampere that either leaves the battery, or is injected into the battery (i.e. by the alternator, or by the recuperation system). This data is used over the life cycle for the battery to optimize its longevity. It's J367 that is does much of the data provision for this data and disconnecting the module WILL impact battery life-alas.

67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 20 December 2020, 19:28 »
I hate S/S - worthless - but is pressing one button every time you start the car to turn it off a  real hardship?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 20 December 2020, 19:31 »
Mostly agree Adam T7, however I would rather it was wired the other way around so that if you wanted it (which sometimes I do) then it is up to you to enable. But yes most of the time a PITA
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 20 December 2020, 19:35 »
I hate S/S - worthless - but is pressing one button every time you start the car to turn it off a  real hardship?

This is what I do and it isn’t a hardship IMO. Turning of S/S has become part of my normal engine starting procedure when I get in the car.

Apparently, it’s not quite as straightforward in the mk8 Golf as there isn’t a S/S button; you have to delve into a menu that’s accessed via the infotainment screen.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 20 December 2020, 20:26 »
Progress  :whistle:
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #39 on: 20 December 2020, 20:46 »
Maybe they are dropping the hint that you shouldn't be turning it off... Not because having it on might be a little bit annoying but that it has a broader purpose...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC