Author Topic: Yellow fog light film  (Read 5262 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Yellow fog light film
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2014, 13:59 »
I used my front fogs quite a bit this winter on the many foggy days.  What looks stupid imo is people driving round with them on all the time when it's not foggy, as seems to be the current trend.  Yellow fogs just give a bit of a retro look on a modern car. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2014, 15:00 »
Someones pissed in your lights fella... :whistle:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2014, 22:56 »
Booth, I think its the retro coming out in me, growing up in the 70s

Adam, love your comedy, I will keep my eye out for the culprit... he must be getting about as he was at Silverstone today, while chatting with the Aston Martin team the culprit had already been there and set about Darren Turners 95, a Porsche and a Ferrari

URL=http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/violator-doa/media/Silverstone/imagejpg8_zps3b428bb1.jpg.html][/URL]

« Last Edit: 21 April 2014, 14:48 by Peter W »
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2014, 23:21 »
Booth, I think its the retro coming out in me, growing up in the 70s

You and me both mate.

Great pics............just goes to show that piss yellow can look  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2014, 23:32 »
Com ci com ca  :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #15 on: 21 April 2014, 11:47 »
I thought yellow light worked better in fog anyway thats why they use to be yellow in the 50s/60s. Were as white light just reflects back. xenons are crap in fog.
Its why I always thought it funny people putting more white bulbs in foglight was counter productive.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 21 April 2014, 12:09 »
I thought people were into fitting LEDs these days to get rid of yellow looking lights. To me they look at odds with the xenons and LED DRL's, but then I suppose nobody ever uses front fog lights anyway, so they are unlikely to be on together.

Thats the second time you've said that do you not use them in the fog? I've used them quite often when i can't see my hand in front of my face

No. They only light up the bit of road immediately in front of the car, so are pretty pointless in my opinion. If they do pick something up that normal dipped headlights don't in the 20 meters in front of the car they cast their light, by the time you've reacted, you'd need to be driving at walking pace to be able to stop in time.

If front fog lights were that necessary, all car would have them. 

What looks stupid imo is people driving round with them on all the time when it's not foggy, as seems to be the current trend. 

I'm sure this is people trying to pretend they have DRLs. When we were boys we used to have a fog light in the rear window wired up as a third brake light. New cars were starting to have them, but we couldn't afford new cars, so pretended.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 21 April 2014, 13:40 »
I'm sure this is people trying to pretend they have DRLs. When we were boys we used to have a fog light in the rear window wired up as a third brake light. New cars were starting to have them, but we couldn't afford new cars, so pretended.

I know what you're talking about and I can understand young lads and lasses doing that.  But I mean cars that have proper dedicated DRLs, yet they still have their fog lights on in the middle of a bright sunny day.

Like Snoopy, I thought yellow light penetrated fog better than white?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 21 April 2014, 13:43 »
Try wearing yellow tinted glasses at night everything is much clearer in fact try wearing through the day as well the French have had yellow headlights for years  :whistle:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 22 April 2014, 20:37 »
I actually had yellow tints on my fogs for a bit, then i took them off cos i didn't do it very well and it had bubbles in. I might have to do it again seeing your pics!

Jay
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |