Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 148377 times)

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR
« Reply #440 on: 19 October 2011, 22:50 »
good work luke. The engine suits yours. Impressive lump  :smiley:
:)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #441 on: 20 October 2011, 10:55 »
Every time I look at this thread I'm at work and can't play media... really annoying as I want to play the vid.. must remember to look when I get home!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #442 on: 26 October 2011, 11:50 »
Haha - that video is nothing special at all. doesnt do it justice at all as everything was hanging off the exhuast etc.

Its all tightened down now. I have the last banjo bolt for my goodridge lines arrive this morning so il be bleeding the brakes and clutch tonight with any luck. This needs to be on the road in two weeks time due to the way my daily insurance is expiring so il grab a video of it once its on the road. Shame I've missed all the meets for this year though!

Issues I am having right now are is there must be a small hairline crack in the 16v fuel pump casing as it is pouring out of some where.
Hoping to have it off the car this weekend and I'll attack it with a soldering iron and try and seal it up. Failing that, it looks like I will need a new 16v fuel pump. Any one know of one going cheap??

Things I now have left to do are:
MOT essentials :
New front right bearing (the new one I pressed in collapsed as I was pressing it in :( )
Tighten up drive shaft nuts and hub nuts
Bleed the brakes and clutch
sort out all lighting to pass mot

MOT
Tax and then drive!

I am leaving all of the interior out apart from the dash and centre console as I need to be able to get to all my wiring If I come across anything when its first on the road.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #443 on: 26 October 2011, 11:54 »
cant wait to go out in this when its done  :tongue: that supercharger is gona sound sweet full throttle  :cool:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #444 on: 26 October 2011, 12:05 »
You reserved a seat then?  :grin:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #445 on: 26 October 2011, 14:10 »
You reserved a seat then?  :grin:

Reserved a long time ago  :grin:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #446 on: 27 October 2011, 16:37 »
Just flicking through some pictures in my photobucket for someone and came back across these. Its hard to remember it being this messy already! Its good to see the contrast though - kind of makes it worth the pain and torment :lol:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #447 on: 30 October 2011, 20:29 »
Well another weekend gone. Things have progressed quickly. Had an issue with the fuel pump I bought where it was just literally pouring fuel out of the casing. So a new fuel pump housing later and job's a good'n

With that sorted and the final banjo bolt for my goodridge lines was nicked from an old brake flexi I had kicking about. That meant I could bleed the brakes and clutch.  That also means it moved under its own power for the first time in 11 months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE7yO7J7h44

Jeez I was happy! So with that the rest of the dash was whipped in, two fronts seats and 3 point harnesses in, arches on (side skirts to happen later in the week) its starting to look a little more like a car!

The aim now is to have it on the road and road legal for the weekend!!! Things have to happen quickly, but there isn't much left to do.

Finished up tonight with a little bit of experimenting on the audi haha

Until the weekend hopefully......
« Last Edit: 30 October 2011, 21:51 by madmanluke »

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #448 on: 04 November 2011, 19:56 »
She's officially on the road! MOT'd and taxed today.

The first outing in it will be tomorrow night for the NW dubs tunnel run! Any one else going up?

jamrock

« Reply #449 on: 05 November 2011, 14:02 »
+1

Luke, this MK2 is one of the best 5drs around.
 :cool:

the noise its gonna make on the run will be amazing