Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 148329 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR
« Reply #430 on: 15 October 2011, 19:37 »
Brake lines are in, just need a little more straightening up then they will be done. All with goodridge lines attached.

Loom got back fine too haha

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #431 on: 17 October 2011, 21:40 »
Got the engine fired tonight. Took a little bit of screwing about as I had just got hold of a new fuel pump, just a mk2 16v pump and I was convinced I needed to swap the polarity of the pump to get fuel to the rail.

Luckily before I tried cutting the wires and swapping them i thought id top the tank up with 5 lts of fuel from the gerry can. Funnily enough, the engine fired straight away and much face palming commenced!

All good either way - it meant i could whip the loom back out and finalise it all and I have literally just finished wrapping it all back up again.

Next major things on the list are to remove the hubs and have new bearings pressed in. Get the drive shafts in then the engine can stay in the car finally!

Still pushing for the end of Nov to have this ready by. Im hoping to be able to insure my daily for another year then have this as an absolute dry weather only use only during winter just so I don't feck the paint work (i've become quite fond of it ) and then back into full use when it dries up early next year.

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #432 on: 17 October 2011, 21:56 »
Yoooooooo
Just plain dubbin

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #433 on: 17 October 2011, 23:35 »
Luke you are efficient mate ! How did she sound ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #434 on: 17 October 2011, 23:59 »
Got the engine fired tonight. Took a little bit of screwing about as I had just got hold of a new fuel pump, just a mk2 16v pump and I was convinced I needed to swap the polarity of the pump to get fuel to the rail.

Luckily before I tried cutting the wires and swapping them i thought id top the tank up with 5 lts of fuel from the gerry can. Funnily enough, the engine fired straight away and much face palming commenced!

All good either way - it meant i could whip the loom back out and finalise it all and I have literally just finished wrapping it all back up again.

Next major things on the list are to remove the hubs and have new bearings pressed in. Get the drive shafts in then the engine can stay in the car finally!

Still pushing for the end of Nov to have this ready by. Im hoping to be able to insure my daily for another year then have this as an absolute dry weather only use only during winter just so I don't feck the paint work (i've become quite fond of it ) and then back into full use when it dries up early next year.

You'll have to keep your sig for old times sake as it's driving through the worst wet weather ever.  Can't wait to see this done.  :cool:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #435 on: 18 October 2011, 09:56 »
Haha that picture was actually through the height of summer last year! It was on a NW London tunnel run down to Hastings and it absolutely tipped it down. Was awesome watching all these low wide dubs flinging F1 style water jets up in the air though haha. Made for a couple of nice photos of it too!

Got a small video here - doesn't sound healthy because the down pipe was finger tight - so once i source new bolts that actually fit she will purrr.....perfectly haha

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #436 on: 18 October 2011, 10:31 »
She sounds sweet
Just plain dubbin

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #437 on: 19 October 2011, 17:39 »
sexxxxxxxxxxy!!

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #438 on: 19 October 2011, 18:34 »

:drool:

Nice colour. Might respray my other Mk2 Mica.  Make a change from mars red.

« Last Edit: 19 October 2011, 18:41 by The Mighty Elvi »

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #439 on: 19 October 2011, 21:02 »
That colour suits big bumper, looks horrid on small bumper  :huh:

Sounds very very nice Luke :afro:

I don't think a semi will give the same results