Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2830765 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13290 on: 20 January 2024, 22:29 »
Be careful getting wheel alignment on the TCR to ensure the workshop has the correct geometry settings for the car as they run negative camber.

Is it only the TCR that can be set up with negative camber?  Do you know what might be different in the front to allow for this compared to the GTi PP 2019?  I know the CS has the different hubs but didn't know the TCR ran a different setting.  Will be looking to get an alignment possibly this year when i switch back to summer wheels/tyres.

No Mk7 or 7.5 supports camber adjustment. The TCR (and ED40) have the same geometry set up as the PP GTI but actual camber is quite different depending on the car and subframe position etc. The Clubsport S (CSS) also has fixed camber, albeit the camber is around 1 degree higher due to specific wheel bearing hubs.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #13291 on: 20 January 2024, 22:32 »
Fitted the rear lower wishbone covers from the Mk8 as per golfdave's post on the Mk7 Forum. Will be interesting to see what effect they have
Only difference I noted after a year was wishbones are chip free.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13292 on: 21 January 2024, 12:36 »
Be careful getting wheel alignment on the TCR to ensure the workshop has the correct geometry settings for the car as they run negative camber.

Is it only the TCR that can be set up with negative camber?  Do you know what might be different in the front to allow for this compared to the GTi PP 2019?  I know the CS has the different hubs but didn't know the TCR ran a different setting.  Will be looking to get an alignment possibly this year when i switch back to summer wheels/tyres.

No Mk7 or 7.5 supports camber adjustment. The TCR (and ED40) have the same geometry set up as the PP GTI but actual camber is quite different depending on the car and subframe position etc. The Clubsport S (CSS) also has fixed camber, albeit the camber is around 1 degree higher due to specific wheel bearing hubs.

Thanks for clarifying, that's what I thought, but was hoping...

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13293 on: 22 January 2024, 09:08 »
Late Xmas pressie for my CS  :grin:

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13294 on: 22 January 2024, 19:42 »
They are nice discs, shame to cover them up behind wheels :grin:

Did you get the VW  matching pads ? Or other?
« Last Edit: 22 January 2024, 19:44 by EB2019 »

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13295 on: 23 January 2024, 09:14 »
I didn't get any pads yet.
I've just put on EBC Yellow Stuff on the rear, they seem to have good grip and I was drawn to the low dust, to help keep my wheels nice so may look at those for the front.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13296 on: 23 January 2024, 20:22 »
Yellow pads seem to have mixed reviews some love them and keep on fitting when they need replacing, others hate them. Never tried them myself, but they wouldn't be around if EBC didn't sell loads so they seem very popular. The VW Clubsport S pads are Ferodo (probably DS2500 for VW) which I find pretty good for premium spirited road pads.  Quiet, stop from cold and can take a hot summer and fast 'road' driving. If you do trackdays I really like Carbotech XP8 but another jump in price again, and they certainly are dusty and noisy (like a freight train slowing down), but they would keep going long after my tyres and I were done lol.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2024, 20:25 by EB2019 »

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13297 on: 23 January 2024, 20:27 »
BTW

Do you have a car in your living room, or carpet in your garden? :grin:

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13298 on: 24 January 2024, 03:42 »
Thanks for the thoughts on the pads EB2019.
I don't do track days and generally drive pretty gently, so am not looking for a big increase in stopping power, but am keen on quiet and low dust to keep the wheels nice.
So we'll see how the Yelllow stuff works out.

I fitted an EBC Ultimax pad and disk kit to the front of my wife's 2016 Scirocco GTS and they seem to work pretty well and were decent quality at a good price.

I know the Clubsport S disks are an upgrade but mostly cosmetic for me as I just love em!  :grin:

Oh and a mix of carpet and artificial grass in the garage.  :laugh:

Offline cspeed59

• Just got here
« Reply #13299 on: 25 January 2024, 13:36 »
Fitted new number plates, double sided tape so no ugly screws showing. New plates look so much better and cost very little and easy to fit. :cool:
Gti, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG,