Author Topic: Exhaust hangers-help!  (Read 1962 times)

Offline tattyoldwagon

• Not said much yet
Exhaust hangers-help!
« on: 07 August 2003, 16:42 »
Hello everyone,

I've got a "Supersprint" S/S 3" exhaust hangin off the back of my mkI cab (Y-reg if that makes a difference?). I picked up another standard exhaust hanger from euro car parts today, trouble is they just aren't man enough for the job. I heard a rumour of reinforced ones (chain inside the rubber?) about somewhere. Does anybody know of any, how good they are, where to source them?

Plus,while I've got your attention. Does anybody know of anyone that does those fancy looking "Angel Eye" headlights? Again for the MkI.

Thanks

Michael

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re:Exhaust hangers-help!
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2003, 17:12 »
Hi Michael, I have heard of those hangers too........not sure where you can get them from, but they definately exist.

Are you coming to Whitenoise? Adam is bringing his Sportline (nice rear lights) and I'm bringing mine..........be nice to have a trio of cabrio's there.  8)

Offline tattyoldwagon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2003, 20:43 »
Hi RichardandHazel,

Unfortunately no we won't be going to whitenoise, it's too far from southampton and it'll be my birthday on the friday so will be far too drunk too even look at any car other than a taxi. :P

Have a great time.

Michael ;)

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2003, 00:32 »
I had to get my hangers custom made for my cab, but it is a late model mk1 and I think the design changed by then. If you have any joy with the angel eyes can you post it as I quite like them, having seen a mk1 with them at the "Beach Party". I'll keep an eye out at whitenoise too, and let you know
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2003, 11:04 »
Ooooohhhhh, I can see you spending money on toys again.  :P :P

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2003, 11:06 »
Thats a shame. Never mind, maybe catch you at another show soon. 8)
We'll have a couple of beers for you too on Friday night.............have a good one.  :D

Hi RichardandHazel,

Unfortunately no we won't be going to whitenoise, it's too far from southampton and it'll be my birthday on the friday so will be far too drunk too even look at any car other than a taxi. :P

Have a great time.

Michael ;)