Author Topic: Oil Leak!!!  (Read 17365 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Oil Leak!!!
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2012, 20:50 »
Not got it back today, will be tomorrow evening.  They have replaced the entire EGR valve and the reason they are keeping it over night is they ordered the rear boot struts that were rusty and are replacing them tomorrow.

The beast (Beetle 1.2 TSI 7spd DSG, Design, Cruise, Front and Rear sensors, 17" retro wheels, Fender Sub/Speaker package with RCD510).

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2012, 20:55 »
that looks truly horrid  :sick: :sick: :sick:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2012, 21:07 »
that looks truly horrid  :sick: :sick: :sick:

Thats what everybody at work thinks.

Cons:
I have already encountered the frameless windows don't wind up again and think somethings stuck and rewind down again. 
I miss the rear wiper to clean the rear screen in the rain.
No dimming mirror or auto lights.
The door pockets elastic is just plain cheap.
Its only a 4 seater.
Can't pull up the hand brake because of the mk4 golf/bora arm rest when its in the down position.
Mpg is averaging 41 at the moment.
Rear view mirror is too small.
Heater is erratic compared to the GTD's climate control.
It seems to pick up all smells from cars in front. Never really noticed that it the GTD.
Boot is a bit useless my ruck sack when sitting normal gets crushed at the closest edge to the bumper when the boot is closed.
The MFD is not as good as the golf.
No temperature guage (although I did notice there is a digital one in the MFD).
No glasses holder in the roof console just a hole.
No bluetooth control on the MFD.
Steering wheel controls lean in and are too low.
No bolsters on the seats.

Pro's
The Fender stereo rocks. 
It is retro.
DSG is quite nice does 40mph in 7th.
Handles reasonably well.
Engine is virtually silent apart from when driven hard.
I do believe it can achieve greater than 50mpg.
The bluetooth and RCD510 displays my phonebook correctly where as mine doesn't.

To put it mildy I want my Golf back.
« Last Edit: 31 October 2012, 21:15 by ajmoir36 »
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2012, 22:26 »
Yes it looks :sick: but it just makes you appreciate what you have...

The DSG looks cheap in that disguise, It's far to round for my liking, but regard it as a girls car anyway...

Bring on tomorrow then!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2012, 19:55 »
Yeah my baby is back, its nice to have horsepower again.

Looks like a new shiney EGR valve to me.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 November 2012, 00:22 »
Good to hear you've got it back...WOW that's is shiny!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 02 November 2012, 18:11 »
Yeah its great, makes you appreciate the GTD.  It shames other models and cars.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2012, 21:14 »
I quite like the look of these new beetles - I'd change some of the colours but I like the overall apperance

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 05 November 2012, 21:16 »
I quite like the look of these new beetles - I'd change some of the colours but I like the overall apperance
You have to be the first one to like it.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #19 on: 05 November 2012, 21:19 »
You have to be the first one to like it.

And only one!!  :laugh: