Author Topic: GTD Wheel Alignment  (Read 6251 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
GTD Wheel Alignment
« on: 07 November 2011, 23:33 »
Anyone have the settings that a GTD on 18"s should be set up to be, the tyre place told me it was out on the Bridgestones at 27112 miles, they had no inner edges left the rest of the tread was 1.6 passenger side 1.8mm-2mm drivers side.  Problem is it drives perfectly straight and didnt want them to mess that up.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
Re: GTD Wheel Alignment
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2011, 00:45 »
I can give you the wheel alignment data for 18" wheels: PR Nos. G02/05/07/2UC.

Golf (08-) 2,0D GTD CR 2009-10  Engine code: CBBB

Front Wheels:

Load positioning: Unladen 
Fuel tank - percentage full %: 100 
Toe-in (N = negative, toe-out) mm: 0 - 2,68 
Toe-in deg: 0° - 0°20' 
Camber deg: 0°11'N - 1°11'N
Camber adjustment: Not adjustable
Castor deg: 7°17' - 8°17' 
Castor adjustment: Not adjustable
Toe-out on turns at 20° deg: 1°40'±20'

Rear Wheels:

Rear toe-in deg: 0°10'±12'
Rear toe-in adjustment: Adjustable
Rear camber deg: 1°45'N±30'
Rear tolerance left/right deg: 0°30'
Rear camber adjustment: Adjustable

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2011, 07:43 »
Anyone have the settings that a GTD on 18"s should be set up to be, the tyre place told me it was out on the Bridgestones at 27112 miles, they had no inner edges left the rest of the tread was 1.6 passenger side 1.8mm-2mm drivers side.  Problem is it drives perfectly straight and didnt want them to mess that up.

Are you talking rears or fronts? My rears have worn on the inside edge (Bridgestones) quite badly but the car drives completely straight. My fronts have been replaced once in 55k miles but they exhibited completely even wear pattern.

There was a thread on here (or other Golf forum - I forget) regarding this wear pattern - and the fact that they can do this even when the geo is within tolerances apparantly. Not sure if this helps; but may be worth researching this before letting the tyre folk meddle with geo if you're happy with the way it drives now?

Duncan
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2011, 10:52 »
Users have complained of both front and rear tyre wear on the edges thats why I posted front and rear specs.

I hope this car doesn't develop this tyre wear as my last car used to wear the inside edge and the spec was within tolerence but I used change the rotation over on the front but you can't with directional tyres.
« Last Edit: 08 November 2011, 10:56 by Keithuk »
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2011, 21:18 »
I can give you the wheel alignment data for 18" wheels: PR Nos. G02/05/07/2UC.

Golf (08-) 2,0D GTD CR 2009-10  Engine code: CBBB

Front Wheels:

Load positioning: Unladen 
Fuel tank - percentage full %: 100 
Toe-in (N = negative, toe-out) mm: 0 - 2,68 
Toe-in deg: 0° - 0°20' 
Camber deg: 0°11'N - 1°11'N
Camber adjustment: Not adjustable
Castor deg: 7°17' - 8°17' 
Castor adjustment: Not adjustable
Toe-out on turns at 20° deg: 1°40'±20'

Rear Wheels:

Rear toe-in deg: 0°10'±12'
Rear toe-in adjustment: Adjustable
Rear camber deg: 1°45'N±30'
Rear tolerance left/right deg: 0°30'
Rear camber adjustment: Adjustable

Thanks for that, it was my front tyres that are worn on the inside only equal amounts left and right, but this was after 27000 odd miles.  So its not like they were knackered early or anything.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.