Author Topic: Best diesel fuel  (Read 14005 times)

Offline Gozza

• I live here
Re: Best diesel fuel
« Reply #60 on: 23 March 2010, 21:22 »
That's good to know, not sure I can do it to her though.  :undecided:

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 24 March 2010, 18:06 »
Where the hell do you get bio diesel from?
Anyone got anymore feedback on using this or other that have used it?

Nadlad why did you stop using it?
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

smiiithy

Tyre pressures
« Reply #62 on: 16 July 2010, 09:41 »
Should I still use 34 and 32 for motorway driving on long journeys?

34 and 32 it is then

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #63 on: 16 July 2010, 11:53 »
Is Bio legal though or will I get done if I put it in my tank and get 'tipped'? Not not will go and buy some now as I live in a garage that sells it...u dont need to show anything like proof? ie aint using it in farming equipment despite it s derv
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 17 July 2010, 11:04 »
mmmm more info plz :)

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 17 July 2010, 11:05 »
Actually isn;t bio different to the farming red diesel?

Offline nadlad

• I live here
  • Building Surveyor MRICS
« Reply #66 on: 17 July 2010, 11:28 »
bio diesel is legal, even in the audi vw handbook it says its ok to use, ave used it for ages (50k miles no problem) , there was a place in york that used to produce it and had 3 pumps on the farm the guy has made a fortune and moved on now , the owner used to use it on his 55plate range rover sport, so its gonna be good enough for a poxy golf.

now there is no one nearby that sells bio diesel so its back to normal diesel, i find morrisons diesel  good though, i seem to get more miles out of it then shell.

red diesel is also availble at the time it was about 55p u had to bring a barrel and fill it up and then stick it in your car, but its a hefty fine if u get caught,  there was a story once about soem asian lads in ireland who managed to set up a factory which took the red out of the diesel but they got busted.

bio ftw.

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 17 July 2010, 13:37 »
red diesel is also availble at the time it was about 55p u had to bring a barrel and fill it up and then stick it in your car, but its a hefty fine if u get caught,  there was a story once about soem asian lads in ireland who managed to set up a factory which took the red out of the diesel but they got busted.

bio ftw.

If it was in Ireland it wouldn't be red diesel, it's green diesel over there :nerd:

You can also get a tablet that removers the die without breaking down the fuel cheap as hell. Problem is they can swab your exhaust and tell. It also smokes more than normal diesel. The red dye stains the tank, pipes and engine in some places.  I would never run the stuff.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2010, 13:40 by Adam »

Down Hill From Here.

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 17 July 2010, 20:42 »
Started using shell v-power diesel in mine since remap, have noticed an improvment in running and mpg  :evil:
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 19 July 2010, 10:56 »
I'm not that convinced with Vpower diesel, costs quite a bit more and I don't notice much of a difference in MPG.
After map though i've generally got better MPG.