Author Topic: EGR Delete Fitted (Now with Boost Gauge)  (Read 10605 times)

Offline Hoggy

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 GT TDI 150.
Re: EGR Delete Fitted (Now with Boost Gauge)
« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2013, 22:12 »
Ohhhh that vac pipe...screw a bolt up it to block it off. It's surpus to requirements now, just block it off and forget about it :) You put in a new bit of pipe if you wantva boost gauge and just forget about that one, all it does is opperate the egr cslve, which will no longer be there :) Hope that helps?

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2013, 22:34 »
Ohhhh that vac pipe...screw a bolt up it to block it off. It's surpus to requirements now, just block it off and forget about it :) You put in a new bit of pipe if you wantva boost gauge and just forget about that one, all it does is opperate the egr cslve, which will no longer be there :) Hope that helps?
Yeh cheers mate. I've got a link to simplifying the web if vac pipes, but I'll do this initially before embarking on that one! :smiley:

Offline Hoggy

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 GT TDI 150.
« Reply #22 on: 08 January 2013, 18:13 »
No worries, if you need any help just ask :)

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 January 2013, 23:27 »
No worries, if you need any help just ask :)
Always nice to hear that :afro:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #24 on: 12 January 2013, 18:56 »
Fitted my delete kit today and got to say its the best £62 ive spent on my car drives and pulls so much better worth every penny and very easy to fit...
Golf Gti

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 13 January 2013, 04:47 »
Fitted my delete kit today and got to say its the best £62 ive spent on my car drives and pulls so much better worth every penny and very easy to fit...
And where's the pics and 'how to'? :rolleyes:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #26 on: 13 January 2013, 08:09 »
In the box with the kit  when you buy it  :grin: really is very simple idiot proof  :smiley:
Golf Gti

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 13 January 2013, 08:35 »
...optimistic of a 'how to' I'll concede. Expect to see one made when I buy one :wink:

But a picture of it fitted in your bay? :whistle:

Offline Hoggy

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 GT TDI 150.
« Reply #28 on: 13 January 2013, 10:47 »
1. Remove engine cover.
2. Prize tge clips up off the turbo pipe until they click.
3. Wiggle turbo pipe untill it comes away from the egr valve and other intercooler pipe.
4. With a ratchet, knuckle ended extension and a 5mm allan begin to undo the 3 bolts.
5. Remove the vacuum pipes from the egr valve, and proceed to take the bolts out.
6. With the ratchet extension and allan you should be able to get to the bottom bolts holding the bottom egr pipe to the manifold, take these out also.
7. Now you can take the egr valve out and see how much dirt has gathered up in there!!
8. Get the blanking plate and gasket if supplied, fit with original bolts to the bottom of the manifold where the pipe came from.
9. Once those bolts are tight you can fit tge delete pipe, with with original bolts and with the gasket, just do it in reverse order of taking the egr valve off.
10. Now you vave to butchrr your black turbo pipe you took off, with a hacksaw cut down where the clip goes and the metal bit will come away from the rubber.
11. Now you can fit the turbo pipe onto your intercooler pipe and egr delte, make sure the clip on the intercooler snaps firmly in and the turbo pipe slides nicely over the delete, I used two jubilee clips to hold it firmly in place.
12. Lastly blank off your two vacuum pipes with a couple of 6mm bolts so that it holds vacuum and that's it!

As for a picture of it fitted in the bay, go to page one ;)

If you want a how to for a boost gauge installation just ask :)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #29 on: 13 January 2013, 19:11 »
My bay is dirty at the min as its never been cleaned  :grin: hense no picture  :wink:
Golf Gti