Author Topic: 2002 GT TDI 150 Alternator  (Read 19962 times)

Offline Gozza

• I live here
Re: 2002 GT TDI 150 Alternator
« Reply #70 on: 30 April 2010, 09:04 »
So what would happen of you left the battery disconnected for sally a week ? I am guessing the clock batteries are rechargable then ?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #71 on: 30 April 2010, 09:11 »
So what would happen of you left the battery disconnected for sally a week ? I am guessing the clock batteries are rechargable then ?

its a flash memory type chip inside so no battery to worry about  :smiley:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #72 on: 30 April 2010, 11:26 »
Do you have a code for your radio?  :lipsrsealed:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #73 on: 30 April 2010, 11:31 »
Do you have a code for your radio?  :lipsrsealed:

if its original factory fit you shouldn't need the code  :smiley:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #74 on: 30 April 2010, 13:09 »
ahh... I've never had a new enough car to worry about such things (but read about people needing it) until now which is why I didn't want to disconnect the battery last weekend  :grin:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Gozza

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 01 May 2010, 15:03 »
Funnily enough I disconnected the battery and when I reconnect it then said "Safe" so I shat myself and began hunting through the paperwork and found the code. Finally got all the car back together and was armed with the code, only for it to then say "Learning" and I did not need the code after all  :undecided:

Car looked like this earlier, its all back together now bar the washer bottle, going to use for a week to make sure no issues then put the bottle back in.

Only thing I am concerned with is it seems the thread on on of the bolts securing the tensioner is threaded so it wont do up tight. Do you think the other two will be able to take the strain ? The bolt still holds into the position just does not do up tight  :sad:

Offline Gozza

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 03 May 2010, 12:31 »
Well all good now, no more squeeking.

Still have not put the windscreen washer bottle in, don't have the energy yet :D

Offline Tucker82

• GTI forum regular
  • GT TDI 130
« Reply #77 on: 03 May 2010, 17:20 »
I did my pulley today, and I decided to take the alternator out as it seemed the easiest option. Of course the tensioner has to come out, but it only really 5 bolts to remove the alternator altogether.

Once off, was a lttle squeeze to get the pulley off but had it all back together and squuek free in about an hour so not too bad at all! Drives and sounds dreamy now.... all thanks to this thread  :wink:

Offline Gozza

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 03 May 2010, 18:20 »
Removing the alternator is definately my recommendation for this. If I knew then what I know now would have probably taken me a similar amount of time and I would not have to piss about putting the washer bottle back in :/

Glad it helped ;)

Offline Tucker82

• GTI forum regular
  • GT TDI 130
« Reply #79 on: 04 May 2010, 21:22 »
Removing the alternator is definately my recommendation for this. If I knew then what I know now would have probably taken me a similar amount of time and I would not have to piss about putting the washer bottle back in :/

Glad it helped ;)

Maybe you could write a guide on How To, recommending the removal of the alternator & it be made a sticky!!