Author Topic: vr6 into tdi estate  (Read 1938 times)

Offline VR WAGON

• Just got here
vr6 into tdi estate
« on: 24 May 2010, 23:37 »
Hi guys after some info on the vr6 engine swap.I have a S plate tdi estate and want to convert to vr6 I have got hold of a complete 95 vr6 donor car so should have everything I need.Just wondered if any one had done the diesel to petrol and come across any problems. Cheers

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: vr6 into tdi estate
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2010, 23:58 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=124485.0

Your going to need to change everything including fuel tank.

Offline VR WAGON

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2010, 09:45 »
Cheers mate,are the tanks interchangeable or can you just drop the vr pump into the estate tank

Offline Stirring Moose

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2010, 00:16 »
Can't actually offer any practical advice on this one but wanted to register my approval of this fine idea. Getting Golf estates away from the sensible-trousers brigade and sticking silly engines in them should be actively encouraged!

S.M.
Love and hate, war and peace, joy and sadness... all just crap that happens between trackdays!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2010, 00:17 »
Some guy on another forum has done it, easy enough with a doner car.

Offline broken-passat

• Not said much yet
  • tdi wagon .....
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2010, 09:16 »
if you do swap the engines remember to post any parts on here , as i have a tdi and might need a pump.?
have you ever had yours not start until you apply full throttle, and this is hot or cold. wilkl crank all day long other wise
cheers
 :rolleyes:

and vr6 all the way , just get a crashed one ... thats what i would do if i didn't do some many miles