Author Topic: Purchase options, please advise  (Read 4739 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Purchase options, please advise
« Reply #20 on: 25 August 2021, 20:20 »
I did look at a BMW too, if I had done that I'd have done the same but not sold to the BMW dealer, who wouldn't pay top money for my VW, but instead to something like Motorway - having checked out all of the big names in car buying for the best price.

Not always the case. A friend of mine was looking to get a new car VW offered £12k for his Mk7 GTI PP, BMW gave him £16k.

Always worth getting a quote for the time it takes.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 25 August 2021, 21:04 »
Absolutely agree Will.
I had better offers from BMW for my own VW and vice versa going the other way, plus similar experiences over the years with other marques. VW to VW is far from guaranteed to be the best price. Every case is different plus you have the option of Motorway and that ilk of trade buyer although I found in my part of the world Motorway didn’t offer very good prices even though the cars had no finance owing on them.
As you say, covering as many options as possible takes little time but opens up a better spread of potential suitors for your outgoing car.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #22 on: 26 August 2021, 11:34 »
I did look at a BMW too, if I had done that I'd have done the same but not sold to the BMW dealer, who wouldn't pay top money for my VW, but instead to something like Motorway - having checked out all of the big names in car buying for the best price.

Not always the case. A friend of mine was looking to get a new car VW offered £12k for his Mk7 GTI PP, BMW gave him £16k.

Always worth getting a quote for the time it takes.

I'd agree but I think it depends on the deal at the time. BMW offered me £2k less for my previous car against a M135i, depends what the dealer has in the car at the time and what deal they can do but always worth an ask.
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 26 August 2021, 12:09 »
I got a local dealer discounted price via Car Wow and sorted my own Finance, large deposit from the trade in (nothing owing on that so all funded deposit) then the balance via Asset Finance through my bank - like HP but with a ballon at the end that you have to either pay or settle through trade in or convert into a standard loan. I’ve bought 8 cars for myself and family over the past 21 years with never any issues on short fall and I’ve never had GVF insurance. The rate of finance is very attractive as well.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #24 on: 26 August 2021, 13:26 »
Don't you need to be a business owner to do asset finance?
Previously

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 26 August 2021, 13:30 »
No, I’m not and never have been. Mine have always been with Yorkshire Bank Asset Finance. I’ve been an account holder at YB for about 26 years which helps.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #26 on: 26 August 2021, 16:47 »
Thats odd every internet search I've done since reading your post seems to point me at business banking of some description. It was really something that piqued my interest too!
Previously

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 26 August 2021, 22:09 »
I got a local dealer discounted price via Car Wow and sorted my own Finance, large deposit from the trade in (nothing owing on that so all funded deposit) then the balance via Asset Finance through my bank - like HP but with a ballon at the end that you have to either pay or settle through trade in or convert into a standard loan. I’ve bought 8 cars for myself and family over the past 21 years with never any issues on short fall and I’ve never had GVF insurance. The rate of finance is very attractive as well.

Hopefully you took VWFS finance to bag the deposit contribution and then withdrew to pocket it before entering into asset finance. Deposit contributions often account for half the PCP interest.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.