Author Topic: Car Valuation and PCP  (Read 2190 times)

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
Car Valuation and PCP
« on: 10 August 2021, 10:13 »
Hi all

Wondering if this is something that I can look into or if I am being unreasonable.

Back at the end of June we (may partner) agreed a deal with a dealer to with regards to an R-Line Tiguan that was on order and was due in the end of July.

She has an Audi A1 which she is trading in and one company offered her £20150 for it. We Buy Any Car valued it at £20000. The dealer agreed to match the higher £20150 figure. At the time her settlement on the A1 was £20760 which means she was slightly in negative. The dealer also required £250 deposit from her (which hasn't been paid yet).

Fast forward to today and she is due to collect the car on Saturday. Just out of interest today she checked WBAC and the valuation is now £20560 and the settlement is £20172 which means she could sell to WBAC, pay the £250 and still be approx. £100 up after WBAC fees. Plus her monthly payment SHOULD come down as there is no negative to swallow?

Would it be the right thing to do to approach the dealer with this information and ask them to re-calculate the finance based on this information? It is also worth nothing that another dealer maybe has a cancelled order of the same car for £600 less than they've sold it to her for. They have been really helpful and cant fault them really, but its a dog eat dog world and she has to look after herself.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Car Valuation and PCP
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2021, 23:19 »
I assume there is nothing to loose in asking the question. If the shoe was on the other foot and used prices plummeted, you could guarantee that they would be lowering it.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2021, 18:54 »
Issue I can see is that you aren't going to walk away with 20560 from WBAC!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2021, 19:58 »
Definitely be knocking you back off their offer I would think

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2021, 14:03 »
WBAC will tyre kick you into next week.

They are just playing their stupid games.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Ashtons99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2021, 21:42 »
There’s nothing stopping you selling it to wbac but it’s very rare you will get the headline offer, they will generally find a scratch, paint chip, damaged wheel to chip you on the price, also they charge an admin fee.

Cazoo and motorway are also paying good money. My son in law made £2k over what VW had offered him on his PX back in May by selling to wbac and just paying the amount of the PX allowance price so there are deals to be had but in your case it sounds like the PX valuation is a strong one anyway and the difference between the PX price and what you might get isn’t worth the hassle ( in my opinion )
« Last Edit: 12 September 2021, 21:44 by Ashtons99 »

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2021, 08:48 »
I did go back to the dealer, he offered the car for about £10 a month cheaper and put GAP insurance on the order, so turned out to be a good decision.