Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 285964 times)

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3450 on: 04 June 2012, 00:42 »
Nothing will happen as it's not McLaren who are at fault!!

Monaco was always the must see GP for me; for years and years Senna vs Mansell etc.... But now it's just so fecking boring... 

I counted 1 overtake this race and that was when Schumacher's engine was on it's way out... Even Brundell said there were only 16 passes last year - I must have missed 14 of them...

Time for it to move on or do something about the circuit to make overtaking possible...

Kers & DRS made not 1 difference this race... Also Pirelli didn't help - they should have given the teams cars that would have to make at least 3 stops - IMO

Also Bring back Refuelling....  So we can see some proper racing rather than watching cars that can't get anywhere near qually times until the end of the race...

I Don't like to agree with Schuy but we aren't seeing the best of the drivers as they are only driving to the best of the tyres and to me that's just not F1...

We need to see the drivers - driving to the best of what THEY can do - on the edge not making the car last for 30 laps on 1 set of tyres...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3451 on: 04 June 2012, 10:21 »
Thought several of the teams protested before Monaco but the FIA wanted to deal with it after the race..

Nope nobody protested, Ferrari, Mclaren and Renault all made it clear they were not happy to the Fia and wanted the matter sorted before the next race.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #3452 on: 07 June 2012, 13:11 »
Nothing will happen as it's not McLaren who are at fault!!

Monaco was always the must see GP for me; for years and years Senna vs Mansell etc.... But now it's just so fecking boring... 

I counted 1 overtake this race and that was when Schumacher's engine was on it's way out... Even Brundell said there were only 16 passes last year - I must have missed 14 of them...

Time for it to move on or do something about the circuit to make overtaking possible...

Kers & DRS made not 1 difference this race... Also Pirelli didn't help - they should have given the teams cars that would have to make at least 3 stops - IMO

Also Bring back Refuelling....  So we can see some proper racing rather than watching cars that can't get anywhere near qually times until the end of the race...

I Don't like to agree with Schuy but we aren't seeing the best of the drivers as they are only driving to the best of the tyres and to me that's just not F1...

We need to see the drivers - driving to the best of what THEY can do - on the edge not making the car last for 30 laps on 1 set of tyres...

I agree with everything here but refueling. I think all the cars should be given a set amount of fuel that will last the full race distance + 1 or 2 ltrs remaining for sampling. That way you wouldnt see or hear any of this "turn the revs up/down", I hate hearing that! Its a race! They should be on the limit every lap, start to finish! Not potter about for 20laps just to save fuel!!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3453 on: 08 June 2012, 21:27 »
McLaren really need to sort themselves out.

Just been watching the practice sessions today and it took over 4 hours to fix Buttons car. He had a oil leak in session one and for some unknown reason it took them 4 hours to change the gear box and as Gary Anderson from the BBC said ,it should of took no more then 30 mins.

Kovalainen smashed his car up in session one but they managed to rebuild his car and have it back on track before McLaren did with Button

Heads need to start to roll if this continues this season, right from the top down

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3454 on: 08 June 2012, 21:44 »
Heads need to start to roll if this continues this season, right from the top down

Alright mate, calm down! Jezzzz, Mr Hitler over there  :wink: :grin: :grin:

I agree, it is poor. But I was thinking, if LH and JB got offered a place at either Merc/RB/Ferrari would they take it? All the teams are so even at the mo. I know where I'd rather be, good old Mclaren  :smiley:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3455 on: 09 June 2012, 09:42 »

I agree, it is poor. But I was thinking, if LH and JB got offered a place at either Merc/RB/Ferrari would they take it? All the teams are so even at the mo. I know where I'd rather be, good old Mclaren  :smiley:

They are only hurting themselves in the constructors though.. LH and JB must be fuming atm.
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3456 on: 09 June 2012, 10:00 »

They are only hurting themselves in the constructors though.. LH and JB must be fuming atm.

JB could well be out of the championship this weekend though without a good result, as he is already 31 points behind now.

With him missing nearly both practice sessions that will hurt him. Although Lewis looks good.

It has been what, 14 years since McLaren won the constructors championships, which is way to long imo. 

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3457 on: 09 June 2012, 18:07 »
Eurhrh... Track goes back to front.. I feel sick watching it. Keep expecting something to be coming the other way!  :sick: :laugh:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3458 on: 09 June 2012, 21:28 »
Back to the hole in the floor subject...

The issue with the floor blew up at the Monaco Grand Prix, where rivals McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Lotus objected to the holes on the basis that they broke rules dictating that the floor has to remain "impervious".
The holes in the floor were on the Red Bull when they won the Bahrain and Monaco Grands Prix with Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber.
But the team have rejected claims that they had won with an illegal car, saying that it was legal at the time and had only been declared not so afterwards.

This annoys me...Massively. LH got stung for 'breaking rules' now RB broke the rules yet have no been penalised.  :angry:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3459 on: 09 June 2012, 21:30 »
Red Bull forced to change something else on the car: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100230