Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286082 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1270 on: 12 July 2010, 19:52 »
1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. Rosburg  <-- why?
4. Alonso
5. Vettel
6. Webber
7. Kubica
8. Barrichello  <-- Above Schumacher?!?!?!  :undecided:
9. Schumacher
10. Massa

Its not an all time great drivers list is it? its whose there an now, an right now, schumi is shhhiiiiiiitttt!

Schumi is in a crap car!!! Had a bad day yday but Rosburg is no where near better than him!!!!

I think the results speak for themselves!

Michael Schumacher    6    10    Ret    16    4    12    4    11    15    9                            
        Nico Rosberg    5    5    3    3    13    7    5    6    10    3    

In 10 GP's Schumi has finished higher than Nico only twice.

Nick

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #1271 on: 12 July 2010, 20:22 »
As the season goes on it gets better and better. Seb made it good to watch yesturday even though bad day for him.

As for the best drivers. Its unknown who are the best drivers really. As look at button and webber. For a long time they both have had poor cars. And now past 2 seasons there both comming alive.

But if i have to choose the people who have the talent it would have to be.

Hamilton
Vettel
alonso
Kubcia

I think these are the people who step out a bit from the rest. There all top top drivers just get them in the car they want and there all able to win.
Diesel power all the way

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1272 on: 12 July 2010, 20:27 »
You're all wrong

Barrichello is the best driver in F1.

He's the quickest around the Top Gear test track after all  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #1273 on: 12 July 2010, 20:28 »
You're all wrong

He's the quickest around the Top Gear test track after all  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1274 on: 12 July 2010, 20:40 »
You're all wrong

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

My jaw his the floor after seeing that!!! Stig must have sh!t his pants!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #1275 on: 12 July 2010, 22:00 »
I think one of the most underrated drivers is Kubica. If the Webber situation gets worse, he could be a surprise showing in Red Bull next year if they can buy him out of his Renault contract  :lipsrsealed:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #1276 on: 12 July 2010, 22:55 »
I never realised Stirling Moss was so small.

Must have been driving Fisher Price cars when he was racing.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1277 on: 12 July 2010, 23:29 »
I'm probably going to get shot down for this but here goes anyway.

Schumacher is certainly talented, that cannot be questioned, however....does no-one else think that part of his success could be attributed to his lack of real compitition? For example the top 10 in 1999 were (in no real order): Frentzen, Irvine, Barrichello, Fisichella, Coulthard, Herbert, Mika Salo, Verstappen, Ralph Scumacher and finally Michael.

In comparison at the moment he's competing with the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, Kubica, Massa, Button and Webber. Had these great drivers been around in Schueys hay day might things have been different? I think so! Putting aside the fact that his car isn't great this season I think that theres no way he'd win 7 world championships against the caliber of drivers this season.

I think he's made a mistake returning to F1 it's going to make everyone question how good a driver he actually is.

Anyway that's two cents.....discuss!

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #1278 on: 12 July 2010, 23:49 »
I'm probably going to get shot down for this but here goes anyway.

Schumacher is certainly talented, that cannot be questioned, however....does no-one else think that part of his success could be attributed to his lack of real compitition? NOONE ELSE CHEATING For example the top 10 in 1999 were (in no real order): Frentzen, Irvine, Barrichello, Fisichella, Coulthard, Herbert, Mika Salo, Verstappen, Ralph Scumacher and finally Michael.

In comparison at the moment he's competing with the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, Kubica, Massa, Button and Webber. Had these great drivers been around in Schueys hay day might things have been different? I think so! Putting aside the fact that his car isn't great this season I think that theres no way he'd win 7 world championships against the caliber of drivers this season.

I think he's made a mistake returning to F1 it's going to make everyone question how good a driver he actually is.

Anyway that's two cents.....discuss!

Lack of real competition????

You forgot that Mikka Hakkinen won the World Championship in 1999 and 1998.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1279 on: 13 July 2010, 00:13 »
montoya had his moments when he wasn't being all latin. Villeneuve won the championship in 97 , hill in 96.

having said that Schumacher has got much more top class compeetition now.