Author Topic: ed35 - shall i shant i ...  (Read 2274 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: ed35 - shall i shant i ...
« Reply #10 on: 14 December 2012, 15:44 »
i agree with what your saying there yeah- if the OP really wants one then go for it. personally though i would wait for a while as theyre only going to get cheaper

i know what your saying though - every time i see an edition 30 i always regret not buying one when they were new. ive always preferred the look of them to the mk6 if im honest.

as the mk5 is basically the same as the mk6 it wasn't such an issue if you had the 'old' model

with the mk7 being so much revised though its a bit different - i think it would be a mistake going for a new mk6 at this moment without seeing what the mk7 is all about first.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 December 2012, 22:13 »
your money, i was surprised how good the ed35 was, in reality the tsi in the mk7 at the moment isn't really getting me excited, when the s3 lump goes in then the mk7 will get my attention all be it i can see a M235 if they get the looks right

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 December 2012, 20:08 »
Actually VW lied last time and said they were only making a certain number of 30's and ended up producing 1000's more....

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 18 December 2012, 07:56 »
Potts' you shouldn't need to ask us what we think TBO you know which car you prefer.

For me it was a no brainer, I had the ED30 and the Mk6 at the same time and preferred the drive of the ED due to the engine which feels more exciting. So when the ED35 came out I just had to have this over the MK6.

Both cars are great it's just how you prefer the way they deliver the power. You may find you get a better deal now than you did with your MK6, I'd did hence the change to the CW ED35.
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox