Author Topic: New GTD Reviews  (Read 135862 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New GTD Reviews
« Reply #70 on: 23 June 2013, 20:12 »
True, but I'm on 22,000 miles a year :sad:

There's always a penalty for high mileage, no matter what you're driving. I still think you won't lose anywhere near £20k in 4 years - my dad's 6 year old Golf Mk5 GT 170TDI DSG with 111k miles on the clock has a p/x allowance of £5500 against his new GTD. Saying that though, losses depend on your options as they'll retain next to nowt, you'll lose £16k on the basic car price (my estimate, for what it's worth).
« Last Edit: 23 June 2013, 20:16 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

mjh_056

« Reply #71 on: 24 June 2013, 19:19 »
http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/20972/volkswagen_golf_gtd_2015-crossing_our_fingers.../

A short but well balanced review

The weakness 'unknown reliability' is a strange one though to place as a weakness?!
« Last Edit: 24 June 2013, 19:22 by mjh_056 »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #72 on: 24 June 2013, 19:39 »
http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/20972/volkswagen_golf_gtd_2015-crossing_our_fingers.../

A short but well balanced review

The weakness 'unknown reliability' is a strange one though to place as a weakness?!

I read into that, the reviewer has no idea how reliable the TDI is as they just don't use TDIs in Canada to know how reliable they are. If they think the GTI is reliable, would they think VW would potentially put an unreliable engine into the GTD? Seems a very daft negative point, I wouldn't consider any of the US marques which probably dominate the Canadian car market to be any more reliable than VW.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

mjh_056

« Reply #73 on: 24 June 2013, 19:48 »
http://www.raccars.co.uk/news/article/2418/2013-volkswagen-golf-gtd-road-test

Again may have been posted before so apologies but another nice UK based review from RAC

mjh_056

« Reply #74 on: 24 June 2013, 19:51 »

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 27 June 2013, 08:20 »
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #76 on: 27 June 2013, 20:20 »
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

mjh_056

« Reply #77 on: 27 June 2013, 20:38 »
http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-gtd-first-drive-review.html

Some of you will like the colour too :p

Having seen a white GTI in flesh last week and seen how it shows all the lines and accentuates the features and chrome then seeing this  has me even more convinced white is best for GTD.

Think the features get lost in that colour a little though it might just be the photos and be better in flesh.

Love the grey interior blends in well with surrounds and those wheels :)

As much as sure going to like the cloth seats do think VW missed a trick as think most of us staying with tartan would have paid for the option.

But overall the GTD looks pretty fine I think :)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2013, 20:40 by mjh_056 »

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #78 on: 27 June 2013, 20:54 »
Agreed, once I looked at these pic's made me even more sure that PW is the way forward... and I still like the even more understated GTD (no red bits for me, but I get it's a personal thing)

The thing I'm still really confused about is wheels, I think I like the 18 nogs more, but they don't fill the wheel arch enough imo...
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline GTD Paul

• Not said much yet
« Reply #79 on: 27 June 2013, 21:13 »
I still to see one in black to see if I have made the right choice just think it will look stealthy especially with the 19" santiago's on and fed up of owning white cars.......should certainly look mean at dusk with running lights on!
On order GTD, DSG, Black, 19" Santiago, Keyless Entry