Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789270 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #880 on: 01 July 2015, 16:50 »
DV52...

Have you got details of how to modify the J794 to get up the "green screen" ?

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #881 on: 10 July 2015, 04:57 »
DV52...

Have you got details of how to modify the J794 to get up the "green screen" ?

Fred:
Not sure that I understand what the "green screen" is, but I was given the following tweak instructions by a very smart (Russian) colleague on VWWatercooled (thanks Zloybob). By changing Byte 17 on J794 from 01 to 02, you are able to get the GTI look. Here's my coding string details:
Cheers
Don

« Last Edit: 10 July 2015, 05:00 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline charv94

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #882 on: 10 July 2015, 18:41 »
Anyone with vcds local to either liphook in Hampshire available at night for a quick soundactuator reduction.
Or available weekends in Solihull, West Midlands area?

Mk7 GTI - CSG - Now Gone

M135i 5dr Auto - Mineral Grey

Offline James75

• Not said much yet
  • Pure White Golf GTD.
« Reply #883 on: 10 July 2015, 22:52 »

Rear DRL's help!

So I borrowed a VCDS cable and decided to do some mods.

I must have read thousand different threads lol but I had a few things I wanted to do.

Mainly - i'd like to know what the blower is doing when air con is on auto. it's not much but i thought, it's quite annoying, I would like know what it's doing.

So I plugged in VCDS and started... All quite simple, followed instructions, all done... Car hasn't caught fire of combusted and still works and now I can see what the blower is doing.

I decided to add DRL's to the rear. My initial 'meh' towards the rear LEDS has softened and I now really like them, I thought rear DRL's would be safe and show them off a bit.

So I followed the instructions, no problems, but they don't seem to work. Clearly I missing something or I haven't understood something.

I thought I'd have to add the DRL on/off menu to the infotainment system, i did that, turned off DRL's turned them etc but still nothing.

At the risk of embarrassing myself, what simple step or thing have i missed?

James
Pure White Golf GTD

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #884 on: 11 July 2015, 02:32 »

Rear DRL's help!

So I borrowed a VCDS cable and decided to do some mods.

I must have read thousand different threads lol but I had a few things I wanted to do.

Mainly - i'd like to know what the blower is doing when air con is on auto. it's not much but i thought, it's quite annoying, I would like know what it's doing.

So I plugged in VCDS and started... All quite simple, followed instructions, all done... Car hasn't caught fire of combusted and still works and now I can see what the blower is doing.

I decided to add DRL's to the rear. My initial 'meh' towards the rear LEDS has softened and I now really like them, I thought rear DRL's would be safe and show them off a bit.

So I followed the instructions, no problems, but they don't seem to work. Clearly I missing something or I haven't understood something.

I thought I'd have to add the DRL on/off menu to the infotainment system, i did that, turned off DRL's turned them etc but still nothing.

At the risk of embarrassing myself, what simple step or thing have i missed?

James

James: Hi.

For the avoidance of doubt and for clarity, I assume that your "Rear DRLs" tweak is what is commonly known as  Scandinavian DRLs (i.e. Tail lights on with DRL). I also assume that the tweak instruction that you followed was to change the following adaptation channel in the BCM:

(6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusartzlich Standlicht == active

If this is correct and the tweak didn't work, have you tried resetting the lights to factory setting via the infotainment screen menu?
Cheers
Don
« Last Edit: 11 July 2015, 04:36 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline James75

• Not said much yet
  • Pure White Golf GTD.
« Reply #885 on: 11 July 2015, 06:53 »

Hi Don

Yes that's correct, and no, I haven't done that, but I will give it a go.

Cheers

James
Pure White Golf GTD

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #886 on: 11 July 2015, 12:12 »
Is that the same as driving with your sidelights?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MXResonance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #887 on: 11 July 2015, 12:17 »
James: Hi.

For the avoidance of doubt and for clarity, I assume that your "Rear DRLs" tweak is what is commonly known as  Scandinavian DRLs (i.e. Tail lights on with DRL). I also assume that the tweak instruction that you followed was to change the following adaptation channel in the BCM:

(6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusartzlich Standlicht == active

If this is correct and the tweak didn't work, have you tried resetting the lights to factory setting via the infotainment screen menu?
Cheers
Don

Hi dv52,

Do you have any pictures of what this mod looks like, Ive had a look around on the forum and Google and cant seem to find any images of what it look like.

Thanks

Golf Mk7 GTI - DSG, Performance Pack, 5 Door, Pure White, 18" Austin, Discover Navigation, Keyless Entry, Factory Window Tints, Winter Pack - Collected 30/09/2015

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #888 on: 11 July 2015, 15:25 »
It looks the same as when your car will look with side lights on, with the exception the side lights won't be lit. Basically you'll have drls on and rear lights.

Offline James75

• Not said much yet
  • Pure White Golf GTD.
« Reply #889 on: 11 July 2015, 16:01 »
 :smiley: Thanks everyone :)

All done now :)   Thanks for the tips/advice - I will post some pics if people want?

I've activated the DRL on/off menu in the infotainment - it does turn off both front and rear DRL's (not individually).

Looks very smart and easy to reverse.

Some places suggest there is just one pice of coding but I have inputed two - or I've activated two things for it to work.

James
Pure White Golf GTD