Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789245 times)

Offline JustMk7GTI

• Just got here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #160 on: 06 November 2013, 03:40 »
hi guys, anyone knows how to code the LED rear lights? My Mk7 GTI doesn't come with LED rear lights and i want to buy them from ebay and then code it.

Please help

Anyone with LED rear lights can share their auto-scan long coding? please?

no special code for rear led lights as far as I know.  I retrofitted them to my mk7 1.6tdi and no coding needed. But inner turn signals are not working for the plug and play installation. You need to wire outer signals to inner ones.

Thanks. I did the same thing but it just doesn't look right... LOL. Can you show me how you wired it? Its annoying knowing that its not working well..... Grrrr

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #161 on: 07 November 2013, 14:53 »
Hi, I have my GTD but not labourer then a I.T chap, can any body up date my car with some of these changes, needle sweep and side mirrors closing, I will pay you for your time. Will be willing to travel an hour either side of of Nottingham ( dwn ta Bristol and up ta Manchester) will pay you for your time :-)
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #162 on: 07 November 2013, 15:21 »
Hi, I have my GTD but not labourer then a I.T chap, can any body up date my car with some of these changes, needle sweep and side mirrors closing, I will pay you for your time. Will be willing to travel an hour either side of of Nottingham ( dwn ta Bristol and up ta Manchester) will pay you for your time :-)

The GTD comes with needle sweep (someone who has a GT was enquiring about it because the GT doesn’t have it) so you don’t have to worry about that one. The mirrors fold in on locking and unfold on ignition, but no-one has yet figured out how to have them fold out on unlock with VCDS code changes (as per BW45 changes).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #163 on: 07 November 2013, 15:35 »
was also interested in the dash that shows how many gallons used , also windows and pan roof close on rain detection, front take me home lights stay on once locked or opened and I sure there are other things as well.......who lives where  :huh:
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #164 on: 07 November 2013, 15:42 »
Not telling, made that mistake over on another forum and got over 100 members asking me to do "tweaks for them" - was a bloody nightmare  :grin: :grin:

So, I'm in outer Mongolia if anyone needs anything  :evil:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline rocknob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #165 on: 07 November 2013, 20:25 »
Your best bet is to get your own cable..... Then you can modify to your hearts content and if there is a problem with your car you can check the fault codes. The micro can which I have goes for about £200

« Last Edit: 07 November 2013, 20:29 by rocknob »
Current Car :  Tornado Red VW Golf GTI DSG DCC ParkAssist Xenons

Offline anilberke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #166 on: 10 November 2013, 18:23 »
Disabled bulb out warning for the led licence plate lamps.

information taken From stemei.de

Select STG 09 (wiring)
STG access permissions -> Function 16
Enter Unlock Code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
(1) Select Leuchte25KZL HA59-load type 25
Customize LED general - value at 43
(6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 dimming AB-25 Select
Adjust value to 127

After that remove key from ignition and re open car.

Offline anilberke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #167 on: 10 November 2013, 18:25 »
Increased the comfort turn signal number from 3 to 4 by this method.

again taken from stemei.de

Select STG 09 (wiring)
Enter access code 31347
Channel (2) Select Comfort flashing turn signal flasher control cycles
Adjust value corresponding - Possible value range: 1-5 Default: 3 (3x flashing)

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #168 on: 12 November 2013, 13:19 »
thanks to anilberke for the latest tweak, BTW we already have the turn signal trick (see point 9 of the list) 

anyway, here is latest consolidation :-

1.   Amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up
Select [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

2.   [09] Central Electronics Menus is password locked
Go into Function 16 (Permissions)
Enter the code 31347.

3.   Disable Seatbelt Warning
Go to [17] Instruments
Adaptation Channels -> function 10
Select disable seatbelt warning (Gurtwarner deaktivieren)
change to "yes" (default: none)

4.   Setting Fog as Coming/Leaving Home
Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Security Access and enter 31347
Look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination"
Set the new value drop down to "Fog Light"

5.   Display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge (it's condition on mine was set to "TBD") > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

Usage
Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery".
Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

6.   Automatic rain closing
Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set  to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

7.   Alarm beep on lock / unlock
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

8.   Gauge sweep
Go to [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

9.   Turn Signal adjustment
Go into [09] Central electronic
Go into Adaptation
Select (2) - Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien
Type 5 in New Value (Default is 3) 

10.   Puddle lights on while folding/unfolding
Go into [42] Door control module
Coding Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick).

11.   XDS Adaptation
Go into [03] ABS
Go into Adaptation & select “Expanded electronic differential lock” 
New value to select > “Standard”, “Not activated”, “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong”

12.   Headlight washer frequency
To extend the interval cycles that the headlight washers will activate to a) prevent the front of your clean car being sprayed, and b) to reduce the amount of screen wash usage.

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics
2. STG access permissions -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)
5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen)
6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).
7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place.

13.   Disabled bulb out warning for the led licence plate lamps.
Select STG 09 (wiring)
Enter Unlock Code 31347
(1) Select Leuchte25KZL HA59-load type 25
Customize LED general - value at 43
(6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 dimming AB-25 Select
Adjust value to 127

After that remove key from ignition and re open car.

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #169 on: 12 November 2013, 13:29 »
was also interested in the dash that shows how many gallons used , also windows and pan roof close on rain detection, front take me home lights stay on once locked or opened and I sure there are other things as well.......who lives where  :huh:

I agree with rocknob. for 200 quids, a micro-can will do the tricks as well as helping you to learn more of your ride. And..... all of a sudden, you'll find yourself meeting more v-dub friends.

of course, I don't mind helping you FOC if you pay for my flight~  :whistle: :whistle: