Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789282 times)

Offline shiners

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #110 on: 19 October 2013, 09:19 »
Might have to wait for next issue then, you sure you don't get a pop up box?

Another vcds change that might already be standard On Gtis but I know it's something that needs activating on other models, but do the wingmirrors drop when you put it in reverse?
The pop-up box is there but VCDS gives no clues as to what actual code is required, for confirming a change in the adaption channel of the ABS module.

Offline shiners

• Not said much yet
« Reply #111 on: 19 October 2013, 09:23 »
Also meant to add - the passenger door mirror does dip on my car... after I enabled it :grin:

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #112 on: 19 October 2013, 09:28 »
Also meant to add - the passenger door mirror does dip on my car... after I enabled it :grin:

Nice! Did the interface offer you different degrees of dipping, ie can we get it to dip slightly further?

Offline shiners

• Not said much yet
« Reply #113 on: 19 October 2013, 09:41 »

Nice! Did the interface offer you different degrees of dipping, ie can we get it to dip slightly further?

Sorry, it doesn't. It's a case of "Active" or "Not Active" for that option. Apologies for not being able to explain in more detail. I'm away from home computer just now.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #114 on: 19 October 2013, 10:06 »
Buddy, you set the dip amount yourself, up to the maximum allowed by the physical mirror movement.

With the mirror switch set to "L" select reverse, and the mirror should dip. Whilst in this mode, adjust the position to suit using the mirror controller (to maximum dip if you want), then when you come out of reverse and move forward over 5mph, the mirror returns to its original position, however your recently adjusted settings are now saved.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #115 on: 19 October 2013, 13:47 »
Buddy, you set the dip amount yourself, up to the maximum allowed by the physical mirror movement.

With the mirror switch set to "L" select reverse, and the mirror should dip. Whilst in this mode, adjust the position to suit using the mirror controller (to maximum dip if you want), then when you come out of reverse and move forward over 5mph, the mirror returns to its original position, however your recently adjusted settings are now saved.

Thanks Norbreck!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #116 on: 19 October 2013, 14:34 »
Might have to wait for next issue then, you sure you don't get a pop up box?

Another vcds change that might already be standard On Gtis but I know it's something that needs activating on other models, but do the wingmirrors drop when you put it in reverse?
The pop-up box is there but VCDS gives no clues as to what actual code is required, for confirming a change in the adaption channel of the ABS module.

Gives no clue? When you go to put in the security code a separate window or balloon should pop up with the code. If you click in the line where you enter the code, does nothing pop up, like when you hover over something a description comes up?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #117 on: 19 October 2013, 15:49 »

Thanks Norbreck, this is useful info that I didn't know - I guess I shouldn't have speed read the handbook so quickly!!  :grin:

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #118 on: 19 October 2013, 18:09 »
Norbreck, what software are you using with your car. I didn't get the Battery channel, but managed to find the battery display under "No voltage". Just wondered if we were using different software.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline gadefer

• Just got here
« Reply #119 on: 20 October 2013, 17:07 »
Is there a way to activate the second LED from the bixenon, like is in the Golf R? Or it's a different hardware?