Author Topic: Car booked into Garage after one week  (Read 1172 times)

Offline adekil

• GTI forum regular
Car booked into Garage after one week
« on: 15 February 2024, 08:54 »
Since I got the R last week I noticed the interior map/reading lights wouldn't switch off when touching the sensors and would randomly switch on and off, then yesterday the audio clicking sound when touching the sensor lights would continuously play even after an engine switch off/on.

From reading other forums it sounds like a defective sensor unit as software upgrades also don't fix the issue so now this has been booked in but a month wait.

VW said they can disable these lights in the meantime in case they remain on and drain the battery!

I asked VW to plan ahead and check up on this issue since no errors are shown and is random so I then avoid having to keep bringing the car back in, but from experience I can't see them being proactive and will likely state they've had no issues with this before.

So far after a week driving the MK8 I am really missing my MK7.5  :sad:
Current(2024): MK8 Golf R, Pure White, RV Camera & 19" Estoril Diamond Cut

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Car booked into Garage after one week
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2024, 12:20 »
nothing proactive about VW warranty work.

The dealer needs to follow what the computer says. They cannot divert from what the vw diagnostic magic box says.

I ranted about this elsewhere on here.

its pathetic

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2024, 14:08 »
Sucks doesn’t it

My new CS was booked into the service department for work before I had even driven it out the showroom. On my inspection during the handover I noticed an issue I have no idea how it wasn’t picked up on the PDI

VW getting really sloppy in my book. How are your panel gaps and shut lines on the R? Does everything line up ok?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline adekil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2024, 16:44 »
nothing proactive about VW warranty work.

The dealer needs to follow what the computer says. They cannot divert from what the vw diagnostic magic box says.

I ranted about this elsewhere on here.

its pathetic

I have a video now of the clicking noise and the lights staying on then randomly going off then on again and sometimes in the past this has been good enough for the garage to take action... but time will tell

Offline adekil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2024, 16:49 »
Sucks doesn’t it

My new CS was booked into the service department for work before I had even driven it out the showroom. On my inspection during the handover I noticed an issue I have no idea how it wasn’t picked up on the PDI

VW getting really sloppy in my book. How are your panel gaps and shut lines on the R? Does everything line up ok?

Not noticed anything abnormal with this but to be honest i'm still familiarising myself with the car... such as the actual difference between Sport and Race as I don't notice anything other than the dashboard display changing, why the car feels quite sluggish when accelerating from a standstill compared to my 7.5 which felt more rapid. The list goes on but trying not to be too negative as its early days and I need to embed myself more into the changes. Don't get me started on the fans  :grin: seems they are set up to only use when not driving!

Offline Jonny2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2024, 16:46 »
I have the same issue, my map reading lights are temperamental and the SOS button is in the same cluster which can randomly call the VW assist team…. , I assume it’s a wiring issue. Dealers have ordered a complete replacement for fitting once it’s arrived.