Author Topic: Best Colour  (Read 2857 times)

Offline prime1000

• Just got here
Best Colour
« on: 28 May 2005, 13:42 »
Saw the GTI in the flesh first time today. It was on display through the glass in the showroom. After hours so couldn't take a closer look. They say that my White one will be ready by Monday so needless to say I'm excited!
It was a choice between my two fav colours Red & White. After much deliberation decided on the white. Seeing the Red in person  :huh:I think I've made the right choice.
Of course the car looked good in Red but I thnk the contrast betweeen the White body, Black highlights and Red calipers will be something special  :cool:
Black I think is yesterday's news and as for the other colours, not on the MK5 GTI. I think itll look good in White. Let u all know

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
Re: Best Colour
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2005, 20:15 »
All down to personal taste at the end of the day though. I chose silver and not many people like the GTI in silver and I have not seen another silver one on the roads but I think it is the best colour on the GTI although I have not seen a white one. I dont like the red in the flesh although in photos it looks good. Black is not too bad but the front grill and side skirts etc are lost on it too much and it doesnt stand out like it does on other colours.

Offline chopper gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2005, 13:27 »
iv'e gone for silver after having solid colour cars in the past which dirty easy, even after a day of heavy rain and putting a 100 miles on the clock yesterday shes still gleaming....

Offline Sporran

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2005, 17:12 »
i went for grey, was gonna do silver but had that on me MK4 1.8T :D

Offline rega3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2005, 17:36 »
Went for red on mine although silver was a very close second. Wouldn't go for a very dark colour again after having a black Leon Cupra, you would need to wash it every day to keep it looking good!!

If youre not a fan of red go for silver.
« Last Edit: 02 June 2005, 17:38 by rega3 »

mix

« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2005, 23:56 »
Red :cool:

Offline Rog

• Not said much yet
  • Mk5 R32,5dr,Deep Blue,DSG,Sat Nav,Leather etc
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2005, 09:37 »
I got my blue graphite one a few weeks ago. Looks V smart with 18" alloys.......... :smiley:

Offline scotty4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 05 June 2005, 11:17 »
have you got any pics???
MK5 GTI BLUE GRAPHITE 3 DOOR