Author Topic: Colour coded GTI  (Read 2644 times)

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
Re: Colour coded GTI
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2005, 10:28 »
I think it looks great!

Mine's on order - does anyone know if the dealership will colour code the black trim  - or do I need to take it somewhere else?

Help!
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2005, 11:41 »
May do it for you....Got a platinum credit card cos they''ll charge u accordingly!!!  Tho saying that VW have just released / or are releasing a sports package which adds colour coded side skirts and bumpers etc tho I dont kno whow much that is I'm afraid.

Best bet is find a local bodyshop and ask them.  Shop around tho for the best quote!!

You're right tho; it looks mint!! Much better than standard!!

Offline BOGGLE

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2005, 12:00 »
That looks A! :cool:

Before....During.....After

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2005, 15:52 »
The VW sports body kit is £1,200!! So I'll be giving that a miss - I might have a look at what this blokes done though!

Offline prime1000

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2005, 20:43 »
I think that apart form looking m0ore sports orientates, the black colour coding was done to place the Audi A# sportback on a higher level looks wise than the GTI.

Offline simmo72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2005, 10:04 »
where did you get it done as was considering looking round to get my diamond black one colour coded?
Looks sweet

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2005, 19:01 »
I have contacted the Bodyshop at my local VW Dealership - and they stated they would not colour code the black trim!  Because the paint doesn't adhere to the plastic very well and will begin to deteriorate in as little as one month!!!
The guy in the bodyshop told me to get a proper body kit for it (not necesaarily VW) and they will spray and fit for £300!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2005, 21:16 »
Interesting that m8. Just re-read the link you posted and the bloke who had his done had the plastic 'treated.' However, if what you've been told is true then the bloke is going to be VERY disappointed in a month or so  :cry: