Author Topic: Finally  (Read 1788 times)

Offline prime1000

• Just got here
Finally
« on: 13 May 2005, 04:19 »
Ordered a White (only colour to have imho) 5dr with only option the DSG over a month ago. I've been the staunchiest suporter of the manual box forever but have to admit the avilability of 6gr, dual cluches, paddle shift & automatic mode up there with the smoothest of them made me turn over to the dark side. Makes me proud to read theat the current manager of the Veyron project pointed out the DSG gearbox (7gr) as the cars most amazing feature in the recent issue of EVO mag. Then got the call from Richard Scuttlebuck @ John Hughes Volkswagen in PErth West Aust that I will be getting mione in a fortnight, one of only 3 by the dealership and no more avai in Australia till Nov this year
PEople, is the car really as good as it's being made out to be? I havent even seen one in the flesh let alone test driven one. JUst had the feeling that it would be 'the ONE'!
Btw prices here are better than Europe but not the US. We get The GTi 5dr with most feature for around $45k aus.
Will be a regular on this site and thank you for the welcome everyone,,,,

Offline dutch

• Just got here
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2005, 15:45 »
One thing to note is that the paddle shift is an additional extra (comes with cruise control and telephone controls). I had to ask to find this info out!

In the early days, it wasn't mentioned on the website and the assumption was it came with the DSG box!

Offline prime1000

• Just got here
Re: Finally
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2005, 15:04 »
The paddles are std on dsg GTi's in Australia. A few things irritate me though,,,
Don't think I'll be much of a fan of the centre console. it just looks too dark. Couldn't they have jazzed it up tastefully with some brushed alum or something like that,, and the fact that there isn't any view of sexy curves along the bonnet fform the driver's seat. Cant have it all i guess,,,