Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654301 times)

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2150 on: 13 December 2014, 20:51 »
eventually a sunny clear no wind day to give it a clean!  shame the water frooze during cleaning  :grin:

Have to sacrifice my car cleaning session this weekend for xmas tree buying/decorating instead - kid pressure is hard to ignore!  It'll have to be filthy for yet another week  :cry:

I had to  it was disgusting the color mine had changed after 1 week!

MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2151 on: 13 December 2014, 21:00 »
eventually a sunny clear no wind day to give it a clean!  shame the water frooze during cleaning  :grin:

Have to sacrifice my car cleaning session this weekend for xmas tree buying/decorating instead - kid pressure is hard to ignore!  It'll have to be filthy for yet another week  :cry:

Now I'm jealous, looks excellent Chris :cool:

Sadly mine looks exactly like your top pic  :sad:  Not sure I can stand it like that much longer,  might have to get up at the crack of dawn to sort it out.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2152 on: 13 December 2014, 21:06 »
Thanks!  unfortunately took my sticker off. didn't think it looked right. :whistle: got another 2 so might put one in the middle above where wiper goes. 
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2153 on: 13 December 2014, 21:13 »
Thanks!  unfortunately took my sticker off. didn't think it looked right. :whistle: got another 2 so might put one in the middle above where wiper goes. 

Another 2!!  You'll be alright if there's a sudden pre xmas rush on them  :tongue:

Thought the general consensus was that the forum sticker looks best sited in the rear passenger window (driver's side), along the bottom edge, or maybe I just dreamed that  :huh:

I haven't even got one.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2154 on: 13 December 2014, 21:15 »

Another 2!!  You'll be alright if there's a sudden pre xmas rush on them  :tongue:

Thought the general consensus was that the forum sticker looks best sited in the rear passenger window (driver's side), along the bottom edge, or maybe I just dreamed that  :huh:

I haven't even got one.

yeah.. i have a sticker along there already :(  dont wanna be adding loads  :grin:     get it cleaned!!!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2155 on: 13 December 2014, 21:19 »

I haven't even got one.

yeah.. i have a sticker along there already :(  dont wanna be adding loads  :grin:     get it cleaned!!!

Haha, remember less is more chris  :wink:

I damn well am gonna clean it tommorow now, in fact I'm just off to put the sodding xmas decs up now so I can free up some time to do it in the morning.  See what happens when you post pics of your shiny clean black car!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2156 on: 13 December 2014, 21:22 »

Wow what a transformation! You certainly cannot beat the look of a freshly cleaned black Mk6  :cool: Shame they don't look like that for long! Wish mine had the L.E.D's they make such a difference to the look.

2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2157 on: 13 December 2014, 21:31 »
Snooze,  I give it one day of rain and it will look "pap" again... :whistle:    so hard to keep the shiny black look :cry:

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2158 on: 13 December 2014, 23:19 »
Ha ha, I feel your pain!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2159 on: 14 December 2014, 14:34 »
Cleaned it!  All those pics of lovely clean cars got to me  :embarrassed:

Bit of an early morning rushed job and had to jet wash a thick layer of frost off first but at least I can see out of the windows now.  The inside is still rank though  :grin:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual