Author Topic: Polishing in the winter  (Read 937 times)

Offline kdiz

• Here all the time
Polishing in the winter
« on: 08 December 2009, 12:24 »
Ok so this is the problem, I need to do some polishing and I don't have a heated garage.

I am guessing you need the paintwork to not be freezing so the polish can be easily broken down and on cold paintwork this isn't easily achievable. Would polishing on a much smaller scale be a quick fix for this i.e. doing 1/2 a bonnet at a time or even a 1/4 at a time to maintain the heat in the polish when using a g220 for example.

Must be possible as I see companies who detail on the move so obviously they wouldn't have the car in a heated environment.

Edit: Also what about warming the paint up slightly whilst washing by using warm / hot water

Cheers ! :smiley:
« Last Edit: 08 December 2009, 12:27 by kdiz »

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Polishing in the winter
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2009, 14:43 »
the main problem I have in britain is the wet/rain/damp... polishing in these conditions is nigh on impossible for me

temperature will affect how long the polishes take to haze... damp conditions however will have a much greater effect... so on a super cold 'dry' day you should still be able to polish/wax

i can't see a way of warming the panel up with hot water etc and it staying warm enough for long...  the panel would get cold again as soon as you had waffled it dry. I use cold water for my entire washing process anyway.