Author Topic: Xenon headlights  (Read 1890 times)

Offline rocky1722

• Just got here
Xenon headlights
« on: 26 November 2008, 22:43 »
Sorry I know this is not GTi related but I'm looking at a GT Sport and I'm wanting xenon headlights.  :cry:

I've found one but the xenons don't appear as I'd expected, not darkened lenses and there's seems to be a funny border around them, do you think they're genuine VW?

Here is what I expected them to look like.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Stephen.

Offline bacillus

• I live here
Re: Xenon headlights
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2008, 22:47 »
I suspect that it has a lens protector covering the light unit.

A full frontal view :laugh: would be helpful.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline rocky1722

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2008, 22:51 »
Cheers bacillus I'll maybe ask them the question is it a headlight protector that's on.

Offline Edition30

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2008, 00:25 »
Yeah thats would I reckon...look like lense covers which if you do abit of motorway driving they are a good thing. Also look out for highline and multifunction steering wheel aswel, sometimes they get overlooked and are a good extra to have.

I for one overlooked them and just got excited and bought my car not realising until after that I would have liked them on my car.
sorry but my vaux looks far better than the mk5 gti, thats why i bought it  :wink: faster too  :grin:  :tongue:

July/08 Pearl Black Golf GTI Edition 30

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2008, 08:10 »
Yeah thats would I reckon...look like lense covers which if you do abit of motorway driving they are a good thing. Also look out for highline and multifunction steering wheel aswel, sometimes they get overlooked and are a good extra to have.

I for one overlooked them and just got excited and bought my car not realising until after that I would have liked them on my car.

Agreed - highline's a must. Wish I had it. MFSW would have been nice so I wouldn't have to faff around with a parrot,

Offline duffy78

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2008, 09:23 »
i thought headlight protectors were a no no with xenons, due to the heat they create????

Offline MAT ed30

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2008, 09:48 »
i had them on when i was at the ring  :cool:  :grin:

EDITION 30 NUMBER:- 1038 ,Forge dv,ecs dog bone insert,Tints,inpro smoked indicators,panel filter,Black badge,Black roof,Black wing mirrors,REVO stage 2,Blueflame TBE,neuspeed arb,Neuspeed drop links,KW V3,S3 Intercooler,VWR clutch and LSD,VWR 6 pot brakes,1956 vw beetle (2332cc)

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2008, 10:07 »

Agreed - highline's a must. Wish I had it. MFSW would have been nice so I wouldn't have to faff around with a parrot,
You would mate.. I have a MFSW and Highline and Parrot. But they are not connected..  :cry:
I think you need the OEM Bluetooth unit for the that..

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline pany

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2008, 10:15 »

You would mate.. I have a MFSW and Highline and Parrot. But they are not connected..  :cry:

IIRC can't you get a canbus module that allows the parrot and MFSW to connect?

I am sure that I have seen it somewhere.I'm at work now, but will have a look later and see if i can find it.
I think you need the OEM Bluetooth unit for the that..

Offline rocky1722

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 27 November 2008, 10:43 »
Thanks to Mat ed30 for clearing up they're headlight protectors, at least I could take them off if I buy the car.  :wink: