Author Topic: Would a R32 rear lower valance fit onto a GTI ?  (Read 5209 times)

Offline joesgti

• I live here
Re: Would a R32 rear lower valance fit onto a GTI ?
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2008, 11:02 »
Ok thanks dude! Any ideas on how much a full R32 rear would cost? (any excuse to not call a stealer - they are always complete muppets and don't seem to understand the concept of changing parts)

I had a suspicion that the lower parts were not interchangeable - firstly as many other people probably would have done it, and secondly, they looked slightly different shapes.

there are 3 sections upper bumper, then middle, then bottom (exhaust part). the middle and bottom have to be changed (part with reflectors). im not sure how much it is from VW as i baught a prepainted one off ebay for 100 notes  :cool:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

WhiteGTI

« Reply #11 on: 01 September 2008, 11:05 »
Ok thanks dude! Any ideas on how much a full R32 rear would cost? (any excuse to not call a stealer - they are always complete muppets and don't seem to understand the concept of changing parts)

I had a suspicion that the lower parts were not interchangeable - firstly as many other people probably would have done it, and secondly, they looked slightly different shapes.

there are 3 sections upper bumper, then middle, then bottom (exhaust part). the middle and bottom have to be changed (part with reflectors). im not sure how much it is from VW as i baught a prepainted one off ebay for 100 notes  :cool:

Understood - perfect!! Will have a look around to see what I can find.

Thanks both!  :cool:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #12 on: 01 September 2008, 11:24 »

....You need the whole R32 piece (with reflectors) which has cut-outs for all Mk5 exhaust configurations as the pic shows. And then an exhaust trim to add on around the pipe tips (not fitted in the pic).
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

WhiteGTI

« Reply #13 on: 01 September 2008, 11:32 »
Ahhhh! Very good pic there! Thats Rob's old car isn't it?? Nice one - I'll have a hunt around to see if the budget can accommodate that bumper  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 September 2008, 11:41 »

....You need the whole R32 piece (with reflectors) which has cut-outs for all Mk5 exhaust configurations as the pic shows. And then an exhaust trim to add on around the pipe tips (not fitted in the pic).

As is the fashion on here now day's you can by that piece ^^^^ and use this zorst insert.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #15 on: 01 September 2008, 11:49 »
....Stealth zorsts^
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #16 on: 01 September 2008, 15:22 »
As is the fashion on here now day's you can by that piece ^^^^ and use this zorst insert.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

^^^^^  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool: ^^^^^
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 01 September 2008, 15:25 »
^^^hope to have mine like that when its finished, i even like the carbon roof spoiler  :drool: :drool:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline No Golf Clubs at all

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 01 September 2008, 16:10 »
I like this a lot, did RR not do this, he replaced his abt rear valance with the R32 spoiler and installed an OSIR C/F insert to accomodate his milltek quads?

I would love to do something like that, though having enough probs paying for motion lotion just now.... :cry:

Let the fun begin........Red Gti, full colour coding, DSG, Xenons, Winter pack, Lux pack, Highline, Sat Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Milltek, ABT rear valance, Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics....pescaras :-)

Offline Rob-MK5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 01 September 2008, 16:37 »
Here you go -