Author Topic: Would a R32 rear lower valance fit onto a GTI ?  (Read 5208 times)

WhiteGTI

Would a R32 rear lower valance fit onto a GTI ?
« on: 01 September 2008, 09:44 »
Question as per topic title... Does the GTI rear lower valance just screw off? And does the R32 Valance fit?

I think they are slightly different sizes, but just wanted to quickly double check incase I was wrong!

Cheers all.

Offline joesgti

• I live here
Re: Would a R32 rear lower valance fit onto a GTI ?
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2008, 09:58 »
hi, yes it does, im part way through this mod,  :smiley:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

WhiteGTI

« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2008, 10:01 »
Really!!? I swear the bottom sides of the R32 part look different!! Do they simply screw off/prize apart, and prize in/screw the R32 one on again??

Thanks Joe  :smiley:

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2008, 10:11 »
the botton of the gti bumper (black) is removable and teh r32 valance fits straight in, you would need the ed30 part for the exhausts or the r32 part if you want the twin center exhust, milltek do one now and is what im gettin  :cool:

GTI MK5

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2008, 10:30 »
Im confused WhiteGTI am i right in thinking you mean the very bottom section were the zorst cut out is, if you mean just this then i think that wont fit as a direct replacement as far as i am aware you need to change the next piece up aswel in your picture this is the piece with the reflector's on  :undecided:

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2008, 10:33 »
^^^true  :smiley:

GTI MK5

WhiteGTI

« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2008, 10:37 »
Hi Top Cat,

Yeah I just mean the lower black bit where the zorst cut out is. So that bit wont fit onto a standard GTI bumper - I need to get the upper R32 bumper as well (the bit with the reflectors) ??

The way Joe put it, I thought that I could simply just replace the bottom part?

Thanks both, really helpful advice  :smiley:

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2008, 10:45 »
Yeh its common to do what joe is doing i fancy that myself but i rememberd you had colour coded your bumpers.
Im sure if you go for the full r32 rear like joe you will be-able to offset your cost's by selling your colour coded one on here.
You wont get a shortage of taker's, it look's  :cool:

WhiteGTI

« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2008, 10:52 »
Ok thanks dude! Any ideas on how much a full R32 rear would cost? (any excuse to not call a stealer - they are always complete muppets and don't seem to understand the concept of changing parts)

I had a suspicion that the lower parts were not interchangeable - firstly as many other people probably would have done it, and secondly, they looked slightly different shapes.

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2008, 11:02 »
There is a few aftermarket companies that also supply them but if my memory serves me correctly there is not much difference in price between them and the stealer's i would try the R32 forum's on the off chance there fitting aftermarket kit's America is your best bet of getting one cheap but i am not sure if the have a slightly different fitting.?  :undecided: