Author Topic: WTF.....:|  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
WTF.....:|
« on: 20 September 2007, 01:37 »
This has seriously left me well shocked....WTF  :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lwc8eB9lHQ

Abit of a nutter but 290kmph after a remap....possible ??  :huh:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline speedynz

• Here all the time
Re: WTF.....:|
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2007, 02:54 »
It's a re-post Manu but always nice to watch it again.

Would a Bluefinned ED 30 really do 180mph?

No way, but it's flaming quick even considering speedo error.

I think that it was on the flat too as it gains its last few MPH really slowly.
EDITION 30.
I couldn't eat a whole one.

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2007, 09:30 »
OMG that is f00000kin fast, wouldnt like to meet this at the lights!!  :sick:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

R98 HUF

« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2007, 09:43 »
this ones no better and on a public road as well!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u1yJsqJ9Fcs&mode=related&search=

You edition 30 owners!! :wink:

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2007, 10:03 »
this ones no better and on a public road as well!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u1yJsqJ9Fcs&mode=related&search=

You edition 30 owners!! :wink:

just saw this one before, cant hold a camera well can he  :laugh:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Peskarik

« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2007, 12:09 »
This has been already posted here about 2 months ago.
You CAN do 180 in Ed30... by the speedo.
There is quite an error in the reading of the speedo, I personally done 270kmh (or closeby, did not look too close  :wink:) by the speedo, when the GPS showed 230.

With  BLuefin, or any other chip for that matter, you won't get a significant increase in top speed, maybe 10-15kmh. The 6th gear is not long enough to let this car reach higher speeds.
« Last Edit: 20 September 2007, 12:11 by Peskarik »

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2007, 12:57 »
So what would be the significant remap to go like as fast as that? Im curious to know....finally got myself a job so can start fiddling with the job, there are prolly like 1000 previous posts but dont really think i can be bothered to look them up  :rolleyes:  :smiley:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Peskarik

« Reply #7 on: 20 September 2007, 19:27 »
So what would be the significant remap to go like as fast as that? Im curious to know....finally got myself a job so can start fiddling with the job, there are prolly like 1000 previous posts but dont really think i can be bothered to look them up  :rolleyes:  :smiley:

with Superchip the GTI will do max 260, but on the speedo you will prolly see 290. Oettinger 330-remap promises 258kmh top speed. But then you are in the red zone. Why would you want to torture your engine like that?  :huh:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2007, 21:38 »

with Superchip the GTI will do max 260, but on the speedo you will prolly see 290. Oettinger 330-remap promises 258kmh top speed. But then you are in the red zone. Why would you want to torture your engine like that?  :huh:

Its true but like...seeing 290 on ur speedo will be like wow lol

Offline speedynz

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2007, 21:59 »
The youtube post was an Edition 30 with the Superchips Bluefin conversion.

Claimed output is 307bhp. Torque is limited on DSG equipped conversions to 300lbft.

It costs 600 pounds, takes approx 20 minutes to download new info into your ECU and is a DIY job complete with remote control to 'flash' the ECU.

It can be returned to standard settings for servicing or warranty work.
EDITION 30.
I couldn't eat a whole one.