Author Topic: Would any one else like the ed30 SNOBS go to there own forum  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
I cannot see a problem, there fine here, If they upset you so much just remind them the Ed30 does not come in the best colours :tongue: :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline illyun

• I live here
im happy with my GTi, ok Ed30 would be nice, her in doors wont let me get one as she loves our current one.Mainly cus of the high spec our already has, but one day , ill work on her yet!!, will have to loose the pimply feeling b4 i do though!  :wink:
Phil I always knew you secretly liked the Edition 30  :wink:  and I wasn't sure if Robmellor' original post on this thread was serious... anyway, I think that both cars are great - but in Orwellian speak, both cars are equal but the Edition 30 is more equal  :grin:  And if you really are serious Rob, there is always a simple solution - get an Edition 30, if there are any left.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2007, 16:32 by illyun »
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline ed30

• Not said much yet
Come on now lads we have all got to start somewhere before going onto the edition 30,
no seriously my 55 plate gti was a cracker,and have very fond memories,read my recent post between my golf gti and my previous scooby...

Offline wellsy

• GTI forum regular
Naa they are ok here. 

They need to realise that it's the same car but with a few extras.  :wink:

My GTI cost more than a basic ed30 and R32 as I'm sure a few others here have too but I don't go on about it. 
I could have had any of the 3 but I'm not mad on the R32's looks and the GTI that I tested drove better anyway.  In the end I decided that the price premium on the ED30 wasn't justified over the price of the GTI for the extras you got.  Plus I'm not keen on the colour coding.  The pescaras did get to me in the end though.  :lipsrsealed:
2002 TDI PD 150 - 3DR - Reflex Silver
2007 GTI DSG - 3 DR - Blue Graphite

Offline Nevets

• Not said much yet
No Rob

As illyun has stated, 'Both cars are great,' and I agree.

Nevets

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
I could have had any of the 3 but I'm not mad on the R32's looks and the GTI that I tested drove better anyway.

But its got a 3.2 V6 sitting underneath it, COME ON MAN ! GET SOME SENCE ! ;)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
But its got a 3.2 V6 sitting underneath it, COME ON MAN ! GET SOME SENCE !

HA HA I agree. And that power=delicious :laugh:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline illyun

• I live here
I could have had any of the 3 but I'm not mad on the R32's looks and the GTI that I tested drove better anyway.

I know... the R32 is  :drool: :drool: :drool: - don't know why I still went with the Ed 30.  Everytime I see a Deep Blue Pearl Mk5 R32 I still turn my head and think WOW...
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Peskarik

I know... the R32 is  :drool: :drool: :drool: - don't know why I still went with the Ed 30.  Everytime I see a Deep Blue Pearl Mk5 R32 I still turn my head and think WOW...

And when I see R32 I think: "WOW! I'm glad I went with Ed30"
The only thing that I really like about R32 is blue paint. 4x4 is nice too, but it costs 200 kg.

Offline wellsy

• GTI forum regular
Don't get me wrong.  The R32 is a lovely car but as I said the looks of the GTI / ED30 are better and they drive better.   

I actually drove them back to back at the dealer.  The R32 does have the great soundtrack but felt a little soft.
2002 TDI PD 150 - 3DR - Reflex Silver
2007 GTI DSG - 3 DR - Blue Graphite