Author Topic: Xenon condensation  (Read 2715 times)

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
Xenon condensation
« on: 04 March 2007, 18:39 »
Anyone noticed a smallish amount of condensation in the xenon lenses? Seem to occur after use, presumably once it is warm inside and starts to cool.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Phil mcavity

Re: Xenon condensation
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2007, 19:37 »
Yes mine does in the bottom of the light cluster, but after engine has cooled down , it vanishes, unlike my spoiler light cluster! :sick:, hows the drive so far wantmygti, come on , its been 3 days, whats the verdict, and have heard absolutly nothing from our residant ed30 owners, they are either quietly pissed off, or busy trying to get past the 1000 miles mark before saying how well it drives.
 come on peeps, hurry up!!!, 

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2007, 20:01 »
Hey phil suppose it's good that it's not just me, Bit annoying though. As long as it keeps clearing.

So far all is well. Have just managed to hook up the ipod and all works fine. The dipping side mirror in reverse is most useful. Ride is really smooth but only 160 miles gone so far so have not been the fun side of 3000rpm yet.

Saw my first Ed30 on the road today. Looked real nice in black but I have no regrets at all.

Loving the shadow blue too, quite a dark colour but when the sun hits it it really lightens up. Wheels are awesome too.

One thing that strikes me is the size of it. Now I'm a bit used to it, and it's on the drive it seems much bigger than i remembered. Maybe it's just that i had to spend 3 weeks in a borrowed 206 and the golf is a lot bigger than that.

Phil mcavity

« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2007, 22:22 »
you say your mirror dips when reversing, do u have rear parking sensors fitted to yours?

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2007, 22:23 »
Nope. Got me folding mirrors with reverse activated rear dip on ns mirror.

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2007, 22:34 »
Enjoying driving my edition 30. Just running her in!  :smiley:
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2007, 22:51 »
Picked up mine yesterday and then went back 2 hours later to pick up my sat-nav dvd that they had forgotten to give me... and there I saw it, looking pristine and eminently desirable - my old R32.  Felt quite upset actually and my wife thought I was crazy.  :grin:  I really didn't want to let go of that car having been to Gibraltar and back in it and despite the fuel economy - or lack of it - I absolutely loved that car.  Best car I have ever had so far...  :cry:

verdict's out on the Edition 30 though as I drove it home and promptly put it in the garage where it will remain for a month while I get stonechip protection, autoglym lifeshine, a personalised number plate (E3 OVW -> E30 VW), seat covers, carpet covers, new BBS alloys etc...sorted on it.  However, from the initial 25 mile drive at below 3000rpm - below 2500rpm most of the way - it seems very promising.  Certainly handles better than the R32 which I expected anyway and when I initially drove it it jumped forward with an urgency that wasn't there in the standard GTI -and no I didn't snatch the clutch  :rolleyes: Its a diferent beast to the standard GTI.  The tinted rear windows give a really menacing look to the all black GTI and it got a lot of stares.  I think people clocked on to the fact that it wasn't an ordinary GTI and certainly doesn't look as civilised - more max-power, boy-racish, subaru impreza brigade type of ambience due to the rear tints, body kit and different alloys... not necessarily a good thing   :huh:  In fact, I've been slagging of the aesthetics since I saw them, but actually in the flesh the Edition 30 looks the business and I think VW have pulled of a subversive look to it that somehow also remains subtle in the best traditions of the GTI. You look at it and think 'another GTI' but then think, hang on, it doesn't quite look right - a bit more in your face.
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline Nathan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2007, 00:21 »
HI Illyun

glad every thing is good with your car and you are happy with it!

What seat covers are you going to get and where from? There are so many plasticy and bad ones out there, i wondered if you had found some decent one's!

Thanks

Nathan

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 05 March 2007, 08:32 »
Hi Illyun, glad the hand over went "well sort of OK"  :rolleyes: what dealer has you old car Mate, only the dealer that's supposed to be supplying mine is messing me around, and I'm thinking of pulling my order, so as a contingency I've been looking at used low mileage models again. How knows I might be looking at yours  :smiley:

Phil mcavity

« Reply #9 on: 05 March 2007, 08:47 »
dont but new creepy, you throw away too much money , get 1 yr old with most xtras for less £, if you like the smell of a new car, then go for it, but in truth , you will get a better deal with  a near as new one.There are hundreds that vw have on database that will near as dam it fit your wanted specification.