Author Topic: Worst GTI/ED30 Insults.......  (Read 11410 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Worst GTI/ED30 Insults.......
« Reply #20 on: 10 March 2009, 10:19 »
I did suspect that no one would insult your GTi egbert... its far easier to insult you  :grin:

neo66

« Reply #21 on: 10 March 2009, 10:20 »
When I first bought my Gti, some of my friends didn't even ask me what it was like or care! Jealous cnuts!
They just turned there nose up at it! :tongue:

Jkctr

« Reply #22 on: 10 March 2009, 11:13 »
It's the first car I have ever owned that has never provoked an insult.
I can't think of any other car on Earth that could do that.

Anyone else feel embarrassed for that cringe worthy statement. Its like watching the crap singers on xfactor fail  :undecided:

As you are the owner of an old fashoned V6 petrol glugging 4WD you just can't understand, that's all.
Should have bought a GTI methinks.

You're amusingly easy to wind up  :laugh:

Offline ifti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 10 March 2009, 11:16 »
Why do people do that though?
i mean what is it with a BMW or Merc? Why do they say - You could have got a BMW instead?!!
Fair enough, they are seen as more luxury cars, but for the same price you'd get a less powerful car, probably with less options. I guess people just look at the shell, and the badge!!

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 10 March 2009, 11:20 »
Why do people do that though?
i mean what is it with a BMW or Merc? Why do they say - You could have got a BMW instead?!!
Fair enough, they are seen as more luxury cars, but for the same price you'd get a less powerful car, probably with less options. I guess people just look at the shell, and the badge!!

When I get that comment, I just bluntly say - BMWs/Mercs are sh1t  :grin: :grin: :grin:  Then I qualify my statement by saying for the price bracket, there's nothing that compares to the GTI and you'd have to spend in excess of £40k to get something apporaching better.  I've convinced quite a few people though when they come for a ride in the car  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #25 on: 10 March 2009, 11:22 »
But illyun, for the amount of money you have spent modding the MK5 you could have bought a BMW :D

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 10 March 2009, 11:23 »
Badge snobbery! obviously i dont drive a GTI but the only time ive fallen victinm to the bullying of a car insult was when i got my LCR.

Pleased as punch i took it to the pub to show my mates, and some old coot came out an said......'couldnt afford the golf then?'  :cry:

Then i remembered he drives a Diesel Focus and felt alot better  :evil:

Cant wait to get a ED30 and get insulted, my standard reply will be......'Yeah, not yours though is it?'
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #27 on: 10 March 2009, 11:25 »
Pleased as punch i took it to the pub to show my mates, and some old coot came out an said......'couldnt afford the golf then?'  :cry:

LOL ! :D I've used that before on my mates LCR !! haha !

Jkctr

« Reply #28 on: 10 March 2009, 11:29 »

LOL ! :D I've used that before on my mates LCR !! haha !

I think every owner of an LCR has had that said to them  :grin:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #29 on: 10 March 2009, 11:33 »
Although on the flip side my brother in law kept giving me stick when I got the GTI because the LCR comes with the 230bhp KO4 lump from the ED30 and kept going on that  should have got that blah blah blah, funny how he hasn't said anything since the mods . . . . :rolleyes: