Author Topic: milltek exhaust on diesel anyone?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
milltek exhaust on diesel anyone?
« on: 07 August 2006, 16:53 »
has anyone got a milltek exhaust fitted on there diesel golf? I'm interested in fitting 1 to my gt tdi 130, but I'm concerned that it will sound crap, I've heard people say that there dead quiet, but I've never spoke to anyone who has got 1 fitted. I've heard a few stainless exhausts fitted to Peugeot 306 TD's and they sound awful, I'm 27 not 17 so i need something that sounds respectfull.

Offline Mantamad

• GTI forum regular
Re: milltek exhaust on diesel anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2006, 22:40 »
I've not heard a SS exhaust on a Golf diesel but have heard one fitted onto a Discovery TD5. I also have a TD5 with a standard exhaust and know someone with the same model who had a SS system fitted.

Outside the car its a deaper exhaust note but quite a nice sound, inside you don't notice the difference.

If thats any help!
Black 2002 GT TDi 130

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2006, 18:02 »
thanks but it didn't really help, I'm thinking of forgeting the idea of a stainless exhaust nobody seems to have one fitted to a golf diesel, and the ones I've heard sound awful.   :undecided:

Offline >>Mart<<

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2006, 08:10 »
project slow in pvw has just had a miltek fitted (mk 5 though)

but they do do one you are looking at about 450 and as far as i know they sound allright
with a remap you cant go wrong

diesel the way to go

Offline GazB

• I live here
  • Newport Edition - aaahhhhh!AC Cobra Fast as F*@k -
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2006, 18:14 »
My mate has SS on his TDi 130, sounds cool IMO, he has a miltek downpipe and then a straight through to backbox I think.

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2006, 18:56 »
thanks for that i'm still in 2 minds tho. i might find my nearest dealer and go and have a chat with them. :grin: