Author Topic: Hella Dual Round Refurb!  (Read 2160 times)

Offline dusan1987

• Just got here
Hella Dual Round Refurb!
« on: 04 February 2015, 17:37 »
Hello everybody!
i need some help with my hella duals!
all the adjusting screws are rusty....any idea how can i refurb them..or order new or 2nd hand parts...
pls let me know....i really like to take them back to life!
thank you!

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
Re: Hella Dual Round Refurb!
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2015, 16:51 »
This is something I need to do with mine.
The adjusters have been notoriously difficult to source and Hella are not helpful

A quick Google image search of "Hella light adjusters" threw up this:
http://www.incarmotorfactors.co.uk/en/hella-90mm-head-lights/11118547-hella-adjuster.html

Not got them, but after spending some time rebuilding mine in the past, they look right.

Offline dusan1987

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2015, 14:32 »
i have no probs to get theese,but i need 6 more for the inner lights..2 short and 4 long...any ideas?

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2015, 17:44 »
The thing is you don't really need to adjust the inner lights as they are full beam, even if the rock or wobble they should be fine
-you just need to worry about dipped beam not dazzling other road users.

Please update how you get on with the refurb.

Offline dusan1987

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2015, 18:05 »
Hello LR5V!
I dont know how to put pics up,but i fixed the cover....crack on the middle,few broken flaps...
My friend give me some modelling glue(2 component) and its hold it together really well.
The frame itsellf was ok,hibeam&lowbeam was ok...but i managed to clean them inside with alcoholic wipes..
Only 6 screws needed,but i aint gonna play with it as you said its fine if is hold it on place.
Thats all...i thinking to put some yellow foil on the insede lenses....but not sure yet...
if you let me know how to upload pics i will do it!
-D-

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2015, 22:46 »
That's great news you got it sorted.

For pictures I use photobucket, create an account - upload pictures - view picture - there is a box on the right that has "direct link" click on it and it should copy - come back on here, click on insert image & paste the direct link in.

I would hold off Frenching the inner lenses, just use yellow light bulbs -I ran night breaker bulbs for the inner lights, they have a blue tint to the glass that makes the whole inner light look blue without the light on. This just happens from the reflector, the same happens with yellow bulbs but yellow!

Offline SimonG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2015, 14:19 »
I would add, that adjuster screws do come in various lengths, I found a Mazda spares place that had some and they were something like 90mm in length.  They would have done the job though.  When I stripped mine down I cleaned up and greased the screws as much as I could and just replaced the plastic inserts with new ones.

That is a good find that site listed above.
  Mk3 Anniversary GTI 16V, Mk2 GTI