Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 147635 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
I would love to join the air gang, but I have gotta get as far as completing the bodywork and an engine swap first lol! Looking forward to the more pics and updates! As far as notching goes, do you only have to notch the drivers side or both? On the Corrado I am respraying, you can see marking where the driveshaft has been rubbing, but I couldn't see any signs of wear on the passenger side! Just wondering as some time this year I have to replace my drivers sill for the next MOT and I might as well notch the leg at the same time :)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Looking sweet man.
Top job on the air,just need to see more pics now :cool:

Cheers dude really happy I got Matt to fit the air he's done a top job.

As for more pics... There on there way  :wink:
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
I would love to join the air gang, but I have gotta get as far as completing the bodywork and an engine swap first lol! Looking forward to the more pics and updates! As far as notching goes, do you only have to notch the drivers side or both? On the Corrado I am respraying, you can see marking where the driveshaft has been rubbing, but I couldn't see any signs of wear on the passenger side! Just wondering as some time this year I have to replace my drivers sill for the next MOT and I might as well notch the leg at the same time :)

All in good time m8. Like u I still have the body to sort out and eventually I would like a vr lump. Same ideas where just doing it in a different order.

As for notching it's got to be done both sides if you want to go low mate. You could have the suspension slightly higher 1 side etc that may have given room for the shaft.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Another update guys

So the pics posted show the install n u really get a feel for how the final product will be. Stainless hard lines ftw but will be hidden by the false floor. It's just the little bits like where he's trimmed the support for the install. Class act. Your not even guna see it lol.

E level remote beautifully mounted in the centre console a little further back so still have a place for my phone to sit.

And lastly a cheeky pic as they get matts mk3 ready for a show this weekend in Belgium.

Lovin it!!! :D

Offline DanChave

• I live here

All in good time m8. Like u I still have the body to sort out and eventually I would like a vr lump. Same ideas where just doing it in a different order.

As for notching it's got to be done both sides if you want to go low mate. You could have the suspension slightly higher 1 side etc that may have given room for the shaft.

Ah, didn't think of that! And fair play, both will have to be done then :)

The install is looking great so far as well!

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Cheers dan.

Really hoping to be able to pick it up this week.

My mk2 show car is really not liking the daily duties.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Picked these up the other day. Highline polished door catches. I replaced all the bolts, locks etc on my mk2 with polished/ stainless items so will go down the same route with the mk3.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
I thought the chromed door strikes were from mk3.5 cabrio Golfs only. I sold some recently as it happens, they also have chrome seat belt rails, chrome handbrake button, chrome inner door pulls.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
I thought the chromed door strikes were from mk3.5 cabrio Golfs only. I sold some recently as it happens, they also have chrome seat belt rails, chrome handbrake button, chrome inner door pulls.

Yeah see some of those bits for the 3.5 advertised somewhere but these where just listed on eBay as being from a highline. To be fair im not sure n not really be bothered where there from lol there just cool n cheap  :wink: :cool:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
You probably saw my set for sale.  :wink: