Author Topic: Old Fart  (Read 9705 times)

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
Old Fart
« on: 14 March 2012, 21:38 »
This is a little project i've had for the past 6 months, not really spent much time on it but summers coming so i'm starting to crack on with it. Hopefully this will give me some motivation to sort it out! I bought the car for the princley sum of £150 it's a 1.3 and a CL which stands for Crusty Lethargio. It's pretty rot free except or a bit of crust around the arches but only on the inner lips. Anyhoo, when i got her.....

And a damn good machine polish and my prized bonnet later...

Now. It had coilovers and these less than apealing wheels. The following pics are with the coilovers wound down halfway as they were and are in the pics of when i got it. Im toying with the idea of 12" superlights. Here are the results.

i rekon i could go down another 40mm maybe more.

but as she stands now mid sticker bomb...

my plans are to get it running now as im experiencing some serious electrical issues :(

Comments welcome, i know it's a bit childish but i maintain that i am actually still a teenager lol

Ian

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: Old Fart
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2012, 21:42 »
Lovely colour what is it?

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2012, 21:47 »
I honestly don't know. Depending on the light it can look either brown or red, i think it must have only benn available on the very early cheapo models.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2012, 21:52 »
I honestly don't know. Depending on the light it can look either brown or red, i think it must have only benn available on the very early cheapo models.

If its terracotta spelt wrong proberly! Its urber RARE!  :shocked:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2012, 21:55 »

theres a terra on Edition in 1.3 giuse at the moment,  :lipsrsealed:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 14 March 2012, 21:58 »

theres a terra on Edition in 1.3 giuse at the moment,  :lipsrsealed:

Its a lovely colour and no one understands wierd? And no I'm not sticking another car on my drive unless its tonights viewing! going to have a look see  :grin:

LC3Z - Terracotta

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2012, 22:06 »
really? how rare? Deffinatly worth saving then? best get the old bonnet off the previos owner then!

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2012, 22:09 »
As a fellow B reg owner I was at first like:

Then I saw the sticker bombing.. And then I was like:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2012, 22:12 »
really? how rare? Deffinatly worth saving then? best get the old bonnet off the previos owner then!

I've seen more Oak green and Atlas greys ones in the flesh than a Terra I've seen one at a show and the colour if paint is right is lovely due to the darkness and red hue to the colour!

Yeah "stock is the new mod" :wink:

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 14 March 2012, 22:14 »
As a fellow B reg owner I was at first like:

Then I saw the sticker bombing.. And then I was like:

lol, don't care. Its a cheapo bit of fun. My kids love it and the missus hates it which means its a boys only zone.  :grin:

I've seen more Oak green and Atlas greys ones in the flesh than a Terra I've seen one at a show and the colour if paint is right is lovely due to the darkness and red hue to the colour!

Yeah "stock is the new mod" :wink:

Best look after it then.