Author Topic: What do i need?  (Read 3436 times)

Jimmymature

What do i need?
« on: 31 December 2010, 17:00 »
Hi again, just picked up my car and now it's dirty!

Can someone advise what I need to keep it clean please!

i.e. Wax, Shampoo, Clay, sponge, micro fiber etc etc.

I don't need specific products but if you have any recommenedations it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: What do i need?
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2010, 17:49 »
O M G  :shocked:

he said the S word

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2010, 17:53 »
im no doubt going to be on my own here, but meguiars all the way, theyve got everything you could possible need

shampoo - megs gold class

clay - megs kit with quik detailer

cleaner - megs step 1 deep crystal

polish/wax - megs gold class

detailer - megs ultimate quik detailer

glass - megs nxt gen

wheels - megs hot rims

tyres - megs endurance
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline georgeandpeppa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2010, 19:29 »
duragloss shampoo 901 real nice, lambswool washmitt and some victoria concours wax cheap but very good

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2010, 19:32 »
O M G  :shocked:

he said the S word

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

What "Specific"  :undecided: :wink:

Jimmymature

« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2010, 20:28 »
im no doubt going to be on my own here, but meguiars all the way, theyve got everything you could possible need

shampoo - megs gold class

clay - megs kit with quik detailer

cleaner - megs step 1 deep crystal

polish/wax - megs gold class

detailer - megs ultimate quik detailer

glass - megs nxt gen

wheels - megs hot rims

tyres - megs endurance

Excuse the ignorance guys, whats the difference between cleaner and shampoo?  Also what is detailed used for?

Cheers,

Jim

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2010, 22:33 »
"Cleaner" as in paint cleaner. It's a product that mildy cleanses the paint ready for Polish, sealer, wax ect. Where as a shampoo is just that a liquid detergent cleaner for washing the car.

"Detailed" is a phrase people use instead of basicaly saying I've given the car a good wash dry and polish, from top to bottom and inside out (There's a touch more to it than that but you get my drift !)

Have a read of some of the articles that are on here and you will get a fair idea of what products do what and how best to use them in order to get the results you would like.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2010, 22:37 by Uruk Hai »

Jimmymature

« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2010, 23:21 »
"Cleaner" as in paint cleaner. It's a product that mildy cleanses the paint ready for Polish, sealer, wax ect. Where as a shampoo is just that a liquid detergent cleaner for washing the car.

"Detailed" is a phrase people use instead of basicaly saying I've given the car a good wash dry and polish, from top to bottom and inside out (There's a touch more to it than that but you get my drift !)

Have a read of some of the articles that are on here and you will get a fair idea of what products do what and how best to use them in order to get the results you would like.

Thanks for the reply, my question around 'detailer' was as a result of this "detailer - megs ultimate quik detailer" What is this used for?

Cheers,

Jim

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2010, 23:27 »
Oh, got you now ! That's what is known as a QD or "Quick detailer" and its used to remove the very lightest amounts of dust or bird crap from a clean car. If you've just cleaned the car and there are a few bits here and there a QD is the sort of thing could use for quick wipe overs of an "almost" clean car.

Jimmymature

« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2011, 12:35 »
Oh, got you now ! That's what is known as a QD or "Quick detailer" and its used to remove the very lightest amounts of dust or bird crap from a clean car. If you've just cleaned the car and there are a few bits here and there a QD is the sort of thing could use for quick wipe overs of an "almost" clean car.

Thanks for the advice mate, it's appreciated.

Jim