Author Topic: polishing!!!  (Read 1976 times)

Offline seano7015

• GTI forum regular
polishing!!!
« on: 28 October 2010, 23:49 »
wanted to get a real deep deep shine on me car, tried merr, black t cut, normal t cut and normal polish!
but these dont really cut it!!
any ideas on a sh!t hot polish? and where 2 get it from??
cheers sean :cool:

tisme

Re: polishing!!!
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2010, 23:56 »
Oh dear double t cut  :sad: it's rubbish and harmful to your paint throw it in the bin. Guy will be along shortly I'm sure. It's a long process but enjoyable and addictive, I'll let the experts tell you as I'm still learning. But just a heads up on the t-cut  :lipsrsealed:

tisme

« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2010, 23:59 »
Oh and forum sponsor waxamomo very good bloke. Free sweeties with my black hole yesterday  :drool: and a discount with first order gimme5. I use a da polisher for an uber shine  :cool:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2010, 14:11 »
polishes are only as good as the person using it, you need to think about getting a DA polisher with various pads and a combination of different grade compounds to acheive the results you want. its all about technique.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline d4048iseased

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2010, 10:50 »
Yes, shining and well polished cars sure attract glances of admiration your way and as said earlier it really depends on the effort you put in, to get that extra shine coming your way!! I am sure there are other tips that will be helpful which you can get from someone in the forum as I too don't do much polishing myself but wouldn't mind knowing more of the subject for information sake - you never know when it will come in handy!!