Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 230447 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's new car......Pics on Page 14
« Reply #150 on: 19 September 2010, 16:58 »
Just read the thread and sounds like a right cock up but you came out on top with the saving :afro:

Car looks nice mate. Let me know what else can be done on them via vagcom!!  :wink:
Oh and mine only has 21k miles  :tongue:

Yep nearly missed out on the car altogether.  I think I'll give Derby Audi a ring tomorrow and ask them if they have any more news about the car  :grin: :grin:

Do you have a link to that thread about the lights I coded for you?  Can't find it  :undecided:

I've activated the advanced comfort menu and one touch unlocking so far.  I'm thinking you already have the menu as you have the coming home lights etc etc

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #151 on: 19 September 2010, 17:02 »
I have a fair bit of the menu on mine, but the new car has a lot more that can be controlled on it so that may be what you have unlocked.

The link to the lights, and the instrument lights etc (which is what I need you to do next time!!) is:
http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2006/02/a3-can-system-long-coding-worksheet.html
The lights are under "Rear Fog Lights" and the website is for the US  :wink:

It sounds like you were better off not getting it through that dealer. They sound like a typical dealer who it part of a big Motor Group and they don't know there left from their right!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 19 September 2010, 17:04 by dubcruiser »
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #152 on: 19 September 2010, 17:09 »
I have a fair bit of the menu on mine, but the new car has a lot more that can be controlled on it so that may be what you have unlocked.

The link to the lights, and the instrument lights etc (which is what I need you to do next time!!) is:

It sounds like you were better off not getting it through that dealer. They sound like a typical dealer who it part of a big Motor Group and they don't know there left from their right!  :wink:

Yeah I managed to unlock stuff like turning the comfort indicator on / off, move wipers into service position and one or two others  :smiley:

Thanks for the link :afro:  Will try that later  :smiley:  Though I'm hoping to order some MY09 LED rear lights next month  :smiley:

Saved myself a £1000 straight off! They are part of the Synter group - will be interesting to see what he has to say  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #153 on: 19 September 2010, 17:16 »

Yeah I managed to unlock stuff like turning the comfort indicator on / off, move wipers into service position and one or two others  :smiley:

Thanks for the link :afro:  Will try that later  :smiley:  Though I'm hoping to order some MY09 LED rear lights next month  :smiley:

Saved myself a £1000 straight off! They are part of the Synter group - will be interesting to see what he has to say  :laugh: :laugh:

You have unlocked more than I have on mine then... MY09 rear lights look smart though after you coded mine to the new setting I am quite happy with them. One thing I would want to do is change the welcome home lights from the headlights to the foglights.
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #154 on: 19 September 2010, 17:19 »
You have unlocked more than I have on mine then... MY09 rear lights look smart though after you coded mine to the new setting I am quite happy with them. One thing I would want to do is change the welcome home lights from the headlights to the foglights.

Interesting - would have thought it would have been unlocked on yours  :huh:

Might code them for the time being but it will only be a stop gap  :grin: :grin:

No probs :afro:  I might head to Audi Driver International next month so if you're going I'll bring my lead with me  :smiley:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #155 on: 19 September 2010, 17:22 »

Interesting - would have thought it would have been unlocked on yours  :huh:

Might code them for the time being but it will only be a stop gap  :grin: :grin:

No probs :afro:  I might head to Audi Driver International next month so if you're going I'll bring my lead with me  :smiley:
Thanks for the offer mate, but I will be on holiday when the Audi day is on at Combe. Timed that all wrong didn't I  :sad:
Yours is a later car than mine as mine was built in late 2006 where as yours is a late 2007 car as you have the later stereo unit without the tape player built in  :wink:
Scott

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #156 on: 19 September 2010, 17:29 »
Thanks for the offer mate, but I will be on holiday when the Audi day is on at Combe. Timed that all wrong didn't I  :sad:
Yours is a later car than mine as mine was built in late 2006 where as yours is a late 2007 car as you have the later stereo unit without the tape player built in  :wink:

Doh - you got that very wrong lol  :tongue:

Ah that might be it then; got an MY08 build  :smug: :smug:  Just looking at retro-fitting something so I can play my MP3's from a USB stick as I'm going to be fed up of carrying around MP3 CD's  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #157 on: 19 September 2010, 17:34 »

Doh - you got that very wrong lol  :tongue:

Ah that might be it then; got an MY08 build  :smug: :smug:  Just looking at retro-fitting something so I can play my MP3's from a USB stick as I'm going to be fed up of carrying around MP3 CD's  :laugh: :laugh:
I got the iPod dock so that sorts that for me  :smug: :smug:
I think the stereo wiring is different for the later stereos and climate units, probably to bring them inline with another model maybe  :huh: I am sure you will be reading up on them. Did you register on the Audi Sport forum??
Scott

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #158 on: 19 September 2010, 17:37 »
I got the iPod dock so that sorts that for me  :smug: :smug:
I think the stereo wiring is different for the later stereos and climate units, probably to bring them inline with another model maybe  :huh: I am sure you will reading up on them. Did you register on the Audi Sport forum??

Don't own an iPod  :grin: :grin:  Been looking at the Dension Gateway 300 - allows you to control everything from iPod's to MP3 players to USB sticks and retain the steering wheel controls  :smiley:

I did indeed
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/104406-finally-after-5-weeks.html
 :smiley:

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: Rhyso's posh Golf......Pics on Page 14
« Reply #159 on: 19 September 2010, 18:07 »
Very nice Rhys :afro:  :cool: liking the colour glad you got all sorted in the end
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU